A student, who wishes to pursue his /her higher studies in Australia, needs to get an Australian student visa. The student has to meet certain criteria before being able to apply for a student visa such as Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement, financial requirements, English proficiency requirements, Health and character requirements, visa application form and finally attend an interview.
What do you need to get a student Visa?
- Proof of sufficient money in the bank account to finance tuition, travel and day-to-day living costs. As of February 2018, the amount a student must have in their bank account is USD 15,000 for every year. In case, a student goes to pursue higher education accompanied by a spouse or some other dependents, the student needs to provide proof that they will be able to support them as well as take care of their own.
- Going to a country like Australia being proficient in English is of utmost importance. For students who wish to study in Australia and hail from an non-English speaking country, the student needs to provide (also, those students who have not studied English for more than five years in an English-speaking country) proof of their proficiency in English. Some of the entrance exams that serve as a proof of proficiency in English are IELTS, TOEFL, iBT, Pearson Test of English, Academic, and Cambridge Advanced English (CAE). The score required depends on the course that they wish to pursue such as a complete degree, foundation course, or enrolling on a preliminary English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students.
- The health condition of a student is a very important factor while applying for a visa. Some medical tests a student may be asked to get done are a medical or radiological check-up, this may apply for student who wish to pursue a medical course. If told to do so, you must attend an appointment with a doctor who has been approved by the Australian immigration department.
What documents do you need to submit?
- Completed Australian student visa application form
- Paid visa application fees
- Copy of passport bio data page (some students may be asked to physically provide their passport)
- Certificate of Enrolment or Letter of Offer
- Evidence of sufficient funds
- Evidence of health insurance cover
- English proficiency test results
- Criminal record check results
- Four recent passport-sized photographs of the student
Following might help you as well.