La Trobe University is an Australian, multi-campus, public research university with its flagship campus located in the Melbourne suburb of Bundoora. The university was established in 1964, becoming the third university in the state of Victoria and the twelfth university in Australia. La Trobe is a verdant university and a member of the Innovative Research Universities. The University is a dynamic, research-intensive institution that challenges convention and pushes the boundaries of knowledge. Equipped with highly qualified teaching staff and degree programs based on industry expertise, La Trobe has a reputation for producing ambitious graduates that pursue positive change in local and international communities. With a culturally diverse campus that hosts a wide range of student services, La Trobe was hailed as the best university in Victoria for international students at the 2013 Victorian State Government’s International Education Awards.
As a university that seeks creative solutions to global concerns, La Trobe offers over 340 undergraduate and postgraduate degrees across a comprehensive curriculum underpinned by principles of global citizenship, sustainability and entrepreneurship.
Arts, Social Sciences and Communication, Business and Commerce, Education and Teaching, Health, IT and Engineering, Law and Criminology and Science are the different fields in which the University offers Courses.
1. World Ranking
• World Rankings Overview : La Trobe University is the number 22 ranked Australian university overall on the world university ranking systems.
• QS World Rankings: La Trobe is ranked at number 360 on the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) world ranking system which is number 20 in Australia.
• THE Times World Rankings: La Trobe is ranked at number 351+ on the Times Higher Education world university ranking system which is number =22 in Australia.
• Academic Rankings World Universities (ARWU) Rankings : La Trobe is ranked at number 301+ on the ARWU world university ranking system which is number =15 in Australia.
• US News Rankings : La Trobe is ranked at number 471= on the US News world university ranking system which is number 24 in Australia.
• CWUR Center for World University Rankings: La Trobe is ranked at number 629 on the CWUR Center for World University Rankings system which is number 20 in Australia.
• Times Universities Under 50 Years: La Trobe is ranked at number =56 on the TImes Higher Education best world universities under 50 years of age which is number =9 in Australia.
• QS Universities Under 50 Years Old: La Trobe is ranked at number 51+ on the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) universities under 50 years old ranking system which is number 9= in Australia.
• Times Asia/Pacific Rankings : La Trobe is ranked at number 58 on the Times Asia/Pacific ranking system which is number 21 in Australia.
• QS Graduate Employability Rankings: La Trobe is ranked at number 301+ on the QS Graduate Employability ranking system which is number =16 in Australia.
2. Australian Rankings
• Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) Ranking : La Trobe is ranked at number 20 on the domestic ERA ranking system (2012)
• AEN 5 Star Ranking : La Trobe is rated a 3 1/2 Star university on the overall AEN 5 Star Ranking System
La Trobe’s original and principal campus is located in the Melbourne metropolitan area, within the suburb of Bundoora. It has two other major campuses located in the regional Victorian city of Bendigo and the twin border cities of Albury-Wodonga. The university has two smaller regional campuses in Mildura and Shepparton and three CBD campuses: two in Melbourne on Franklin Street and Collins Street and one on Elizabeth Street in Sydney.
For more details contact your nearest Global Knowledge Works branch
Following might help you as well.
He is an entrepreneur, a mentor, career counselor, an author and so much more. Alumni of reputed institutes like IIM-Bangalore, Delhi Technical University and among the top 20 of his batch, Mr. Vivek Gupta has almost 20 years of experience.
Satyam is an alumnus of IIM Bangalore ( 2005) and IIT Delhi 2003. He was first runner up at Lead India , an initiative by Times of India to find future impact leaders of India. After a 4 year stint with American Express, Satyam joined Michael and Susal Dell Foundation to take his passion to profession.
A first generation entrepreneur, he has founded Genexix Business Process Private limited which has a turnover of over $2M yearly, http://www.genexis.in. He is an MBA from IP University and Bachelors in hotel management from Pusa. He has worked with organisations like Yes bank.
Sameer Mahandru is an alumnus of IIM Bangalore (2004). He has worked with companies like Hindustan Lever, Asian Paints, SABMiller in the Sales & Marketing function for more than 6 years prior to starting operations at Indospirit. Currently he is MD and Chairman of Indospirit Distribution Limited.
Best thing about Vivek Gupta Sir is his selfless counselling. As I am already a BSC/ MSC, he suggested me to go to Philippines as I was able to get straight admission into MD and this finishes my entire course in 4 years flat. In any other country, it would have taken by 5.5-6 years. Ms Kanimojhi in Chennai office of GKWorks was equally supportive in coordination regarding documents, departure and all other formalities.
We live 100 Km’s away from Varanasi. The internet connection in our town is very weak and my parents are not that educated. For us, understanding the word RTGS was also very difficult. Thanks to Amit Pandey Sir, who is Gkworks Varanasi incharge, he helped us to do all small things. Going with us to get forex to helping us doing RTGS for fee payment, he was always there with us. He only helped us to apply for passport online and went with us to passport office Varanasi. Such support at ground level was provided by GKworks team both in Varanasi and Delhi.
My parents were not very comfortable to send me abroad especially my mother as I am the only son of my parents. I really wanted to become a doctor and thus approached Hemant Mishra Sir, director of Bareilly branch of GKWorks. He went out of his way to convince my mother. He would have come 5 times to my home, invited us to his office and home 10 times before my mother was finally convinced. It is only due to Hemant Sir in Bareilly that I am pursuing my course today. I wish GKworks and especially Bareilly branch all the very best to help many more students for their life dreams.