UTS is a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney. One of Australia’s leading universities of technology, UTS has a distinct model of learning, strong research performance and a leading reputation for engagement with industry and the professions.UTS has a culturally diverse campus life and vibrant international exchange study and research programs that prepare graduates for the workplaces of today and the future. UTS is part of the Australian Technology Network of universities: a group of five prominent universities committed to working with industry and government to deliver practical and professional courses. The UTS Academic Board is the principal advisory body to the UTS Council on academic matters.The Academic Board is concerned with policy development as it relates to the University’s academic programs in education, scholarship and research, and community service. It refers to policy recommendations to Council and discusses matters referred to it by Council.With a total enrolment of over 40,000 students, UTS is one of the largest universities in Australia.
UTS offers over 130 undergraduate and 210 postgraduate courses across traditional and emerging disciplines such as Architecture, Business, Communication, Creative intelligence and innovation, Design Architecture and Building, Education, Engineering, Health, Information Technology, International Studies, Law, Science, Transdisciplinary Innovation.
The diploma courses are available in the fields of Business, Communication, Design and Architecture, Information Technology, Science, Engineering.
- World Rankings
- World Rankings Overview: University of Technology Sydney is the number 11 ranked Australian university overall on the world university ranking systems
- QS World Rankings: UTS is ranked at number 176 on the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) world ranking system which is number 9 in Australia.
- THE Times World Rankings: UTS is ranked at number 201+ on the Times Higher Education world university ranking system which is number 9 in Australia.
- Academic Rankings World Universities (ARWU) Rankings: UTS is ranked at number 301+ on the ARWU world university ranking system which is number 15 in Australia.
- US News Rankings: UTS is ranked at number 260 on the US News world university ranking system which is number 11 in Australia.
- CWUR Center for World University Rankings: UTS is ranked at number 714 on the CWUR Center for World University Rankings system which is number 22 in Australia.
- Times Universities Under 50 Years: UTS is ranked at number 15 on the TImes Higher Education best world universities under 50 years of age which is number 1 in Australia.
- QS Universities Under 50 Years Old: UTS is ranked at number 14 on the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) universities under 50 years old ranking system which is number 1 in Australia.
- Times Asia/Pacific Rankings: UTS is ranked at number 26 on the Times Asia/Pacific ranking system which is number 9 in Australia.
- QS Graduate Employability Rankings: UTS is ranked at number 69 on the QS Graduate Employability ranking system which is number 5 in Australia.
- Australian Rankings
- Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) Ranking: UTS is ranked at number 13 on the domestic ERA ranking system (2012)
- AEN 5 Star Ranking: UTS is rated a 4 Star university on the overall AEN 5 Star Ranking System
The nucleus of the UTS city campus is located in Ultimo at the southern gateway to Sydney’s Central Business District, within the city’s growing education, digital and creative hub.
For more details contact your nearest Global Knowledge Works Branch