MBBS IN UTTARAKHAND

HNBUMU, popularly known as Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical University is responsible for conducting Uttarakhand MBBS Admissions. The varsity has the authority to conduct MBBS admissions for 85% seats available under state merit quota. The rest of the 15% seats are under All-India Quota (AIQ) for which the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will conduct the counselling process and seats will be allotted by Directorate General Of Health Services (DGHS).
Candidates can fill up the NEET UG 2020 application form till December 31, 2019. Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University (HNBUMU) will release the Uttarakhand MBBS 2020 merit list in the first week of July. Aspirants who will be included in the merit list will be eligible for the Uttarakhand MBBS counseling 2020 which will be conducted in the fourth week of June. It is to be noted that the Uttarakhand MBBS merit list 2020 will be released for each counseling round separately. The merit list of Uttarakhand MBBS/BDS 2020 will be prepared on the grounds of NEET 2020 scores, therefore, only those candidates who have qualified NEET will be included in the Uttarakhand 2020 merit list.
The list carries details such as the candidate’s name, gender, date of birth as well as NEET 2020 details.

Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University is a residential cum affiliating university. This central University is highly reputed with over 161 colleges offering different courses affiliated to it.. Uttarakhand Technical University is a public university set up by the government with 8 constituent institutes and 132 affiliated colleges offering different courses. Kumaun University is a state university,,  consisting of three main campuses and 49 affiliated government colleges, as well as numerous affiliated private institutions.

The statistics can be summarized as:
Candidate is 18182
525 MBBS seats in 4 government colleges, including AIIMS,                                                       450 seats in 3 private and trust colleges together

List of government Medical colleges with number of seats:

List of Colleges University No. of Seats
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Rishikesh  Statutory Autonomous Institute 100
Government Medical College, Haldwani Kumaon University 125
Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali Government Institute of Medical Science & Research, Srinagar Uttarakhand Technical University 125
Government Doon Medical College, Dehradun Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University 175

 

 

List of private medical colleges with number of seats:

List of Colleges Management of College University No. of Seats
Shri Guru Ram Rai Institute of Medical and Health Sciences, Dehradun Private Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University 150
Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun Private Swami Rama Himalayan University 150
Sridev Suman Subharti Medical College Private Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University 150

 

State Domicile Rules to get 85% state quota seats:


The criteria for securing the state quota seats are:
• Candidates who are permanent residents of Uttarakhand and have passed both Class 10 & Class 12 from any recognized educational institution in Uttarakhand.
• Candidates who are not permanent residents of Uttarakhand but have passed both Class 10 & Class 12 from any recognized educational institution in Uttarakhand. These candidates, however, won’t be entitled to get any other reservations.
• Candidates who are permanent residents of Uttarakhand state but have passed Class 10 and/or class 12 from educational institutions outside Uttarakhand are also eligible for the admission to MBBS course. However, they will have to furnish the Domicile proof.

For more details, visit the official website of HNBUMU,

http://www.hnbumu.ac.in/contactus.html

For support in MBBS in Uttarakhand admissions, contact