Every MBBS aspirant dreams of getting admission in the best government college in India, sadly everybody’s dreams do not turn into reality. But, instead of mulling over something you were not able to achieve, you must look forward to the opportunities that promise you an equal chance to excel in your career. This is the point where you should consider opting for MBBS in Nepal.
Nepal (Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal) is a landlocked country in South Asia. Nepal shares its border with India, China and Bangladesh. Nepal has a very rich division of land which includes fertile plains, forested hills and the greatest of mountains, the Mount Everest. The capital of Nepal is Kathmandu, famous for many of its temples. As of 2016, the population of Nepal is approximately 2.9 crores.
Studying in Nepal
The culture of Nepal is majorly Hindu and Buddhist. This fact, coupled with Nepal’s proximity with India makes Nepal a desirable destination to study. The teaching staff in Nepal comprises of a good number of Indian professors. The food habits in Nepal and India are very similar, making it much more comfortable for Indian students to study and stay in Nepal. The language of instruction in Nepal is not an issue because the teaching is in either English or Hindi. One of the most noticeable features of studying in Nepal is that students need not apply for a visa. Indian nationals can travel to Nepal without any Visa.
MBBS in Nepal
Nepal is a developing country with a government which is striving to implement as many healthcare initiatives as possible. This helps uplift the countries healthcare system and gives MBBS aspirants a chance to face challenging situations to test their mettle. When a comparison is drawn between the private medical colleges in India and colleges in Nepal, the colleges in Nepal have a lower fee.
The MBBS admissions in few Nepal MBBS Universities are through an entrance exams with few seats available for direct admissions. Unlike India where we now have NEET as common extrance exam, various Nepal universities conduct their own entrance exams for MBBS admissions in their affiliate colleges.
Below mentioned are the eligibility criteria to appear of the entrance exam in Nepal.
1. Minimum age – 17 years
2. At least 50% marks in the aggregate of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10 and 12th class from a proper recognized board.
3. At least 50% in practical and theory papers.
Please note that the student must have qualified the NEET exam in order to be able to appear for the MCI screening test, after the completion of MBBS in Nepal.
What is NEET Qualification
Below is an update on Nepal MBBS entrance exam published on 30th June’2018
Advantages of MBBS in Nepal
• The MBBS course is taught is English to all students.
• Almost all medical colleges in Nepal are recognized by the Medical Council of India.
• No need to appear for any language entrance exams (like IELTS/TOEFL/ PTE) to get admission in MBBS in Nepal.
• MBBS from Nepal is recognized all over the world.
• The students gain practical experience by applying for internships in various medical establishments.
• The cost of studying in Nepal is a lot less than that in Indian private colleges (with almost the same facilities as those provided in good private colleges in India).
• The local people of Nepal have a friendly relationship with the students.
Top MBBS universities in Nepal
1. Devdaha Medical College and Research Institute
2. Kathmandu Medical College
3. Lumbini Medical College
4. Nobel Medical College
5. Universal College of Medical Sciences
6. National Medical College
For complete list of universities country wise detailed fee structure, check excel below
( Do check the date on file, that is the date of updation of fee. If the date is old than today, pls confirm latest fee with your branch counselor )
For more info on MBBS in Nepal, Contact your nearest branch now