Every MBBS aspirant dreams of getting admission in the best government college in India, sadly everybody’s dreams do not turn into reality. The competition is huge. In 2019, 15.5 lakhs students tried for 65000 odd MBBS seats across India including Private colleges.
For students who are not able to get one of these 65000 seats and also few who are looking for quality education rather than just degree from India through lower quality Private college, Nepal becomes the second choice .
Nepal (Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal) is a landlocked country in South Asia. Nepal shares its border with India, China and Bangladesh. Nepal has a very rich division of land which includes fertile plains, forested hills and the greatest of mountains, the Mount Everest. The capital of Nepal is Kathmandu, famous for many of its temples. As of 2016, the population of Nepal is approximately 2.9 crores.
MBBS in Nepal
Nepal is a developing country with a government which is striving to implement as many healthcare initiatives as possible. This helps uplift the countries healthcare system and gives MBBS aspirants a chance to face challenging situations to test their mettle. When a comparison is drawn between the private medical colleges in India and colleges in Nepal, the colleges in Nepal have a lower fee. The language of instruction in Nepal is not an issue because the teaching is in either English or Hindi. One of the most noticeable features of studying in Nepal is that students need not apply for a visa. Indian nationals can travel to Nepal without any Visa. The teaching staff in Nepal comprises of a good number of Indian professors. The food habits in Nepal and India are very similar, making it much more comfortable for Indian students to study and stay in Nepal.
MBBS Universities in Nepal
There are two Universities in Nepal , Tribhuvan University and Kathmandu University. Admission for colleges under Tribhuvan University are through a entrance exams. There is no entrance exams for MBBS colleges under Kathmandu University and seats are given on past merit and interview basis.
Entrance exam for MBBS in Tribhuvan University affiliated colleges
Below mentioned are the eligibility criteria to appear of the entrance exam in Nepal.
1. Minimum age – 17 years
2. At least 50% marks in the aggregate of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10 and 12th class from a proper recognized board.
3. At least 50% in practical and theory papers.
4. The entrance exam is of 100 marks comprising of 100 MCQ with one mark each. There is no negative marking.
5. The exam is held in September and registration is done online
Please note that the student must have qualified the NEET exam in order to be able to appear for the MCI screening test, after the completion of MBBS in Nepal.
What is NEET Qualification
Below is an update on Nepal MBBS entrance exam published on 30th June’2018
Advantages of MBBS in Nepal
• The MBBS course is taught is English to all students.
• Almost all medical colleges in Nepal are recognized by the Medical Council of India.
• No need to appear for any language entrance exams (like IELTS/TOEFL/ PTE) to get admission in MBBS in Nepal.
• MBBS from Nepal is recognized all over the world.
• The students gain practical experience by applying for internships in various medical establishments.
• The cost of studying in Nepal is a lot less than that in Indian private colleges (with almost the same facilities as those provided in good private colleges in India).
• The local people of Nepal have a friendly relationship with the students.
Top MBBS Universities in Nepal
As mentioned above, there are two Universities in Nepal for MBBS. Below are list of MBBS colleges in Nepal with their university affiliation
Tribhuvan University Affiliated MBBS Colleges
( Admissions through entrance test)
- Maharajgunj Medical College, Institute of Medicine, kathmandu https://www.gkworks.in/mbbs-admissions/mbbs-in-nepal/institute-of-medicine/
- Nepalese Army Institute of Health Sciences, Kathmandu
- Chitwan Medical College, Bharatpur, Chitwan
4. Universal College of Medical Sciences
5. National Medical College
6. Janaki Medical College
7. KIST Medical College, Lalitpur
8. Gandaki Medical College, Pokhara
Kathmandu University Affiliated MBBS Colleges
1. Kathmandu Medical College
2. Lumbini Medical College
3. Nobel Medical College
4. Devdaha Medical College and Research Institute
5. Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences , Dhulikhel
6. Manipal College of medical Science, Pokhara
7. Nepal Medical college, Kathmandu
8. Nepalgunj Medical College, Kohalpur
9. Birat Medical College, Biratnagar
10. College of Medical Sciences, Bharatpur
Other than colleges with these two Universities, there is one autonomus college in Nepal that was started with India collaboration .
BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences , Dharan
Admission in BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences is done through a entrance exam taken by the college. The exam structure is
- 200 MCQ Questions
- 50 Question from Biology
- 50 Questions from Physics
- 50 Questions from Chemistry
- 30 Questions from Nepal GK
- 20 Questions from a question bank
There are 4 seats in BP Koirala that are offered with 100% Scholarship. GKWORKS help serious students to prepare for this exam
For 2019 session, notification is already out .
Entrance exam Date: 3rd August 2019
date of online form Submission 5th June to 4th July ‘2019
For complete list of universities country wise detailed fee structure, check excel below
Please contact your nearest GKWORKS branch
For more details about MBBS in Nepal, Do watch the video below
For Other Countries Check Below Links: