Language Exams for Canada Migrants


The majority of Canadian economic immigration programmes demand confirmation of language ability, with certain exceptions, including spousal sponsorship and short-term immigration schemes like International Experience Canada (IEC). You’ll probably need to take a language exam if you want to move to Canada, whether it be as a student or with a job through the Express Entry system. There are numerous language tests available, only a select few are recognised by Express Entry.


If you are proficient in both French and English in the necessary areas, you receive bonus points. Express Entry application will include one of two tests, according on the province you decide to relocate to: either one French or an English test. If you are proficient in both French and English in the necessary areas, you receive bonus points.


English speakers can choose between the two options.

  • Program for Assessing English Language Proficiency in Canada (CELPIP) General
  • IELTS (International English Language Testing System) General


For French, you can choose between the two options.

Test scores are valid for two years, if exam expires you are required to take the test again before submitting the final application. Unless you submit fresh results, the profile would become ineligible if your language test results lapse whilst you’re in the Express Entry pool. Canada has created an equivalency score system for the various examinations due to the fact that there are four approved languages tests and each has unique results and marking procedures.

Every test’s outcome is assigned a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) equivalent, ranging from 1 to 10. In order to compare and rank individuals fairly, tests can be administered to them in many languages.


Different language proficiency levels are needed for each of the three Express Entry programmes.

  • The minimal requirements for the Federal Skilled Trades Program are CLB 5 for speaking and listening and CLB 4 for reading and writing.
  • The Canadian Language Benchmark of Level 7 (CLB 7) is the required minimum score for the Federal Skilled Worker programme, while your chances of success increase as your score rises.
  • Candidates for the Canadian Experience Class must possess the requisite language proficiency for each position (speaking, reading, listening, and writing).


There are three main ways to immigrate to Quebec, a province that speaks French:

  • There are no English requirements for the Quebec Experience Program (PEQ), only a requirement for French competence. Candidates for the PEQ have the choice between language examinations and taking specific French courses or finishing their education in French.
  • Depending on whether you apply as a business owner, an investor, or a self-employed person, the requirements for Quebec’s business immigration programmes change.
  • Candidates receive points from the Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW) programme for passing their English and French language tests.

For more information, You can contact us at or call 9643362320 to Schedule an appointment or Contact your nearest branch now

Have a look on the following.