Everything there is to know about Karaganda State Medical University, Kazakhstan!
Founded in 1950, Karaganda State Medical University is one of the most outstanding medical universities of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Out of the 60 top universities of the country, Karaganda State Medical University has been ranked at the 8th position. It is the first medical university in Kazakhstan.
The University offers bachelor’s as well as post graduate programs and it also provides multilevel training of professionals. The training is provided in the Russian and English languages. As of today, more than 8000 students are pursuing MBBS and other degrees in the university.
Quick Highlights 2021
Refer the table below for quick facts about Karaganda State Medical University:
|Intake for MBBS Course||October|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with 60%|
|NEET Entrance Test||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Annual Tuition Fees||Rs 3.32 Lakhs/Year|
|Course Duration||5 + 1 year internship|
|Medium of Education||English, Kazakh & Russian|
|University Ranking||Country – 24
World – 6197
|University Recognition||NMC and WHO|
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Why Study MBBS at Karaganda State Medical University?
Following are the major benefits of studying MBBS in Karaganda State Medical University:
- The degrees and diplomas from the university are recognized worldwide.
- The university ranks among the top 50 best universities in the Kazakhstan.
- The University has relations with the Association of medical education in Europe (AMEE), Great Britain, and World federation of medical education
- The university has the best and highly qualified teaching faculty.
- The tuition and hostel fees are very low compared to other countries.
MBBS Fee Structure
The following table has the approximate and average fee structure of MBBS at Karaganda State Medical University:
|Fee in USD (approx.)||$ 4,750|
|Fee in Indian Rupees (approx.)||Rs.2,32,500|
|Hostel & Food in Rupees (approx.)||Rs.40,000|
Please note that here1$= Rs. 70 (approx.)
Students must fulfil the following eligibility criteria before applying for admission at Karaganda State Medical University:
- The student must be 17 years old or more as on 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.
- The applicants must have completed class 12th from a regular board.
- If the student is from the General category, then the student must have an aggregate of at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and must have English as a compulsory subject.
- If the student is from SC/ST/OBC, then the student must have an aggregate of at least 40% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and must have English as a compulsory subject.
- Students need to clear NEET from 2019 onwards for admission to MBBS courses in any country abroad.
Students must go through the following admission process for applying to MBBS course at Karaganda State Medical University:
Step 1: Fill the online application form along with submitting all the required documents.
Step 2: The applications sent by the students will then be reviewed by the university following which, the candidates will have to deposit the fees into the university’s bank account.
Step 3: Once the admission of students is confirmed, their immigration procedure will begin. After this, a ministry order will be received by the university and it will issue an invitation letter to the students as well.
Step 4: The visa approval will take nearly 30 days after the completion of the aforementioned steps.
Step 5: Once the fee is cleared, students can apply for the student visa. After the arrival of a visa, the day and date of departure of applicants will be planned and finalized.
Following is the list of documents required applying for MBBS course at Karaganda State Medical University:
- Scanned Copy of Valid international Passport (document must be notarized and translated into Kazakh or Russian)
- Copy of higher secondary education (transcript of documents required)
- Copy of NEET UG Result
- English Proficiency certificate (If available)
- Certificate of Preparatory courses (If available)
- Original Birth certificate
- Non-criminal certificate (Affidavit copy)
- Medical Certificates (Includes Mental health, Infectious diseases certified by the health authority of respective country)
- Medical insurance
- Filled visa application form
- Official study invitation approved by the migration department of Kazakhstan
- Payment slip
- Passport size photographs with white background – 8
Courses Offered at Karaganda State Medical University
There are 11 faculties at the Karaganda state medical university which are:
- General Medicine
- Clinical Department
- Internal Diseases
The course duration for the MBBS course at Karaganda State Medical University is 6-years. The last 1 year is for an internship.
The complete syllabus for studying MBBS at Karaganda State Medical University in Kazakhstan is as follows:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Anatomy||Anatomy & Histology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Pharmacology||Path – Physiology|
4th -6th Year
|Primary Care medicine||Oncology|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||Neurology and Psychiatry|
Medium of Teaching
Different medicine courses at Karaganda State Medical University are imparted in 3 languages: Kazakh, Russian, and English. This benefits both local as well as international students who can choose the language of their preference and convenience.
According to 4icu.org, the following is the country & world ranking for Karaganda State Medical University:
Important Dates – Intake 2021
Students should adhere to the following tentative schedule for admission to Karaganda State Medical University:
|Application Start Date||April 2021|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks|
|Admission Start Date||October 2021|
|Last Date of Admission Form||October 2021|
Accreditation and Recognition
The Karaganda State Medical University has high ratings in the world ranking systems and its MD degrees have following Recognition and Accreditation:
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Ministry of education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan
All the students who wish to study in Kazakhstan have to get a student visa.
Below are the requirements from the Kazakhstan embassy for most of the countries for getting a student visa
- The students must have a passport valid for at least 3 months longer than the requested validity of the visa having at least one blank page.
- Students should submit a completed visa application form.
- One passport size photo of the student, which should be stapled or stuck at the appropriate place on the application form. Students should please see the instructions related to photos carefully.
- Students should submit a letter of request to issue a visa which should be addressed to the Consular Section of the Embassy of Kazakhstan.
- Students must submit a letter from the university/ college or school. They should provide a letter in which it has mentioned that their enrolment is confirmed.
- Copy of passport main page.
FMGE Performance 2019
The details about FMGE performance for Karaganda State Medical University of year 2019 with passing percent is as follows:
|Name of University||Appeared||Total Pass||Pass %|
|Karaganda State Medical University||69||58||84.06%|
Hostel and Accommodation
Karaganda State Medical University offers excellent accommodation facilities:
- Students are provided with rooms on a sharing basis
- Rooms are equipped with attached bathrooms.
- Beds and Bedsheets are provided by the university.
- All other things like a pillow, blanket, chair, and tables are provided in a room.
- A common kitchen, as well as a mess facility, is available for students.
- A 24 hours security service for the safety of students.
Registration for accommodation:
- For registration in the dormitories of Karaganda State Medical University, applicants need to submit their age certificate declaring the age under 18.
- If the applicant hasn’t registered, then an administrative fine will be applicable as per the rule.
- The applicant must have a birth certificate with a valid IIN.
Cost of Living at Karaganda City
The cost of living at Karaganda city is as follows:
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.12 – Rs.460|
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.1100 – Rs.1200|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs. 15|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs. 1000|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||Cost between Rs.15000 – Rs.21650|
Please note that here 1$ = 70 Rs.
About Karaganda City
The ‘Karaganda’ city is located near the capital of Kazakhstan. It is one of the main financial and economic centres of the country. It is known as the country’s education hub as many students from the world flock over to study in this city.
The city takes special care in regards to the students’ safety, especially for foreign students and thus, it has come to be known as ‘City of Peace’.
The Karaganda city is well connected to the other cities of the country by bus, railway and air routes etc.
Karaganda city has a rich cultural history. There are 3 theatres, 3 museums and about 50 monuments of history and culture in the city.