MBBS in Chhattisgarh
MBBS is an abbreviated form for Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery. It is an undergraduate-level program that allows the students to give treatments to patients, perform surgeries, etc. The tenure for this course is 5.5-years and students are needed to complete a 1-year internship period. The National Testing Agency (NTA) is accountable responsibility for handling every process of NEET-UG and PG. NEET is an entrance test conducted for admittance in the area of medicine and surgery i.e., MBBS. Thus, NEET is a popular entrance exam that is attempted by not only the Indians but also by some foreign students. The number published by the National Testing Agency (NTA) suggests that the number of students who have attempted NEET-UG 2019 and 2020 amounts to 15,19,375 and 15,97,435 respectively. Several applications were received from students of different nations. Also, the number of foreign students who appeared for the exam amounts to 687 and 878 in the years 2019 and 2020 respectively. In Chhattisgarh, 26030 students appeared for NEET 2020. Among these, only 12792 students were able to qualify for NEET 2020.
There are a total of 511 colleges in India that confers MBBS courses. Among the 511 medical colleges, there are 250 public colleges and 261 private medical schools. Among these, in Chhattisgarh, there are 10 medical colleges. Let us learn more about the eligibility criteria, domicile rule of the state, documents required for the process of verification.
LIST OF MBBS COLLEGES IN CHHATTISGARH 2021
- AIIMS, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Sciences, Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh
- Government Medical College, Ambikapur, Chhattisgarh
- Government Medical College, Rajnandgaon, Chhattisgarh
- Pt Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Medical College, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- Late Shri Lakhi Ram Agrawal Memorial Government College, Raigarh, Chhattisgarh
- Late Baliram Kashyap Memorial Government Medical College, Jagdalpur, Chhattisgarh
- Pt Deendayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Science and Ayush University, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- CCM Medical College, Durg, Chhattisgarh
- Shri Shankaracharya Institute of Medical Science, Bhilai, Chhattisgarh
Eligibility criteria for MBBS in Chhattisgarh
- Minimum age- Candidate should be more than 17-years.
- Maximum age- The candidate’s age should be less than 25-years.
- Mandatory subjects- Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English should be the mandatory subjects.
- Minimum marks- Candidates should secure more extra than 50% in the above-said subjects.
- Domicile rule- The candidate should be an inhabitant of Chhattisgarh to fill the domicile rules stated by the government.
Domicile rule for MBBS in Chhattisgarh
What is a domicile rule?
Let us learn more about the domicile certificate. A domicile certificate is a confirmation that a person lives permanently in a precise region. This certificate can be secured from the local administrative office, especially from Tehsildar or the revenue department. Each state puts in different rules for domicile certificates. Only when the person has permanent habitation in the state is validated. Although, in many states, the certificate is granted after a person has lived in the state for some time. In Chhattisgarh, the certificate is granted to a person who is a permanent resident of the state. The certificate can be obtained from the regional office or Revenue Department. A period of 15 days from the date of application is required for processing the documents and issuing the certificate. The applicant needs to pay Rs. 30 as a part of the processing expense. Some documents that may be needed during the certificate processing as a proof of person’s residence include Aadhar/Pan cards, passport photos, address proofs (such as service bills), etc. For the online demand of the certificate, people can get help from the official website. This rule is applicable for 85% of the seats. While the rest of the 15% of seats are reserved for the non-native students of Chhattisgarh.
In Chhattisgarh, the counselling process for the NEET-UG is directed by the Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Raipur. The counselling process for each of the 10 medical colleges of Chhattisgarh is conducted by the DME, Raipur. This committee carries on the responsibility of declaration of a state merit list after the declaration of NEET results and cut-off list. Students should visit the website and check the list for their names. The candidates who are selected should carry on with the further process of seat selection and choice filling. 2 rounds of merit lists are issued. Once the merit lists are declared, students are called for the counselling process. For this process, students should download their call letters from the official website of the committee. The letter includes the essential information regarding the place and time and, documents the candidate should take for the counselling process. The documents that can be needed for the verification process are mentioned below.
- Printout of application form
- NEET-UG result
- NEET-UG Admit Card
- Class 10 Mark Sheet
- Class 12 Mark Sheet
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
Following might help you as well