- NEET exam stands for National Eligibility and Entrance Test
- Amid debate about the number of times the NEET exam 2019 will conduct, it has been decided to conduct the exam only once a year.
- NEET exam is usually held in the month of May- next year; the NEET exam is supposed to be held on the 5th of May, 2019.
- All the medical aspirants in the country have to appear for the NEET exam, irrespective of where they wish to pursue their MBBS- India or Abroad.
- The NEET exam consists of 180 multiple choice questions and students have to answer these questions in the duration of three hours.
- The NEET 2019 will be conducted by the National Test Agency (not Central Board of Secondary Education).
- The NEET exam will be conducted in offline mode, that is, pen and paper mode.
- The students have to fill an online application form to register for the NEET Exam. The online application for the NEET exam will be released on the 1st of November, 2018.
- The NEET exam is to be held in the following languages– English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada and Urdu.
- Some documents required to apply for the NEET exam are: a valid mobile number, a valid email address, class 10th details, class 12th details, a photo-identity proof, scanned images of passport sized photograph, and signature and other documents.
- The examination centers for the NEET exam will be available in all the states/union territories of India.
- The fees for the NEET exam is:
General: Rs 1400
SC/ST/PH Candidates: Rs 750
- A doubt that often comes to mind when talking about the NEET exam is what it actually means to qualify the NEET exam. Consider the example of NEET result 2017, if any a student scored 130 marks out of 360 then, the student was said to have qualified the NEET exam. But, this does not mean that all those students who had scored above or equal to 130 were eligible to take admission in any top medical institute of their choice. It simply means that the student is eligible to pursue MBBS, or one might think of this as- any student scoring less than 130 is not eligible to pursue MBBS neither in India nor abroad.