MBBS IN KERALA
Kerala has many government as well as private medical colleges approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI) delivering high quality MBBS.
The MBBS admissions in Kerala usually begin in the month of May or June every year. Candidates who secure good ranks in the entrance exams for MBBS/ BDS courses are more likely to have a greater chance to secure seats in the courses through the counselling process conducted by KEAM in order to join the respective college on or before last week of August 2020.
CEE Kerala is responsible in conducting MBBS and BDS admissions in Kerala. Qualifying NEET is mandatory to secure admission in Kerala.
The statistics can be summarized as:
1555 MBBS seats in 10 govt. colleges ,
2100 seats in 19 private medical colleges,
100 seats in 1 deemed university.
Government MBBS Colleges seats in Kerala
There are total 8 government MBBS colleges in Kerala state that cumulatively offer a total number of seats of 1200. The name and details of each government MBBS Colleges in Kerala and the total number of seats offered by them are given in the table below:
|Name & Address of the Colleges||Total Seats|
|Government Medical College, Ernakulam||110|
|Government Medical College, Kottayam||175|
|Govt. Medical College, Parippally, Kollam||110|
|Government Medical College, Manjeri, Malappuram Dist||110|
|Government Medical College, Thrissur||175|
|Government Medical College, Yakkara, Palakkad||100|
|Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram||250|
|Govt. Medical College, Kozhikode||250|
|T D Medical College, Alleppey (Alappuzha)||175|
|Govt. Medical College, Pariyaram, Kannur||100|
|Total Number of Seats||1555|
Private Medical Colleges seats in Kerala
There are a total number of 24 private MBBS colleges in Kerala state offering MBBS courses in their total 2850 seats. The name & address of each private MBBS Colleges in Kerala and the total number of seats offered by them in the table given below:
|Private medical colleges in Kerala||Seats|
|Al-Azar Medical College & Superspeciality Hospital,||150|
|Amala Institute of Medical Sciences, Amala Nagar,||100|
|Azeezia Institute of Medical Science and Research,||100|
|Believers Church Medical College Hospital, Thiruvalla, Kerala||100|
|DM Wayanad Institute of Medical Sciences, Wayanad, Kerala||150|
|MES Medical College, Perinthalmanna, Malappuram||100|
|Sree Gokulam Medical College & Research||150|
|Jubilee Mission Medical College & Research Institute,||100|
|KMCT Medical College, Mukkom, Kozhikode||150|
|PK Das Institute of Medical Sciences, Vaniyam Kulam,||150|
|Karuna Medical College, Vilayodi, Chittur, Palakkad||100|
|Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church Medical College, Kolenchery||100|
|Malabar Medical College Hospital & Research Centre,||150|
|Mount Zion Medical College, Chayalode, Adoor,||100|
|Sree Narayana Inst of Medical Sciences, Chalakka, Ernakulam||100|
|Dr. Somervell Memorial CSI Medical College, Karakonam, Thiruvananthapuram||100|
|Sree Uthradom Thiurnal Academy of Medical Sciences, Trivandrum||100|
|Travancore Medical College, Kollam||100|
Deemed universities with seats
The only one deemed University in Kerala offering MBBS is Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi. It offers seats for 100 students.
State domicile rules to get 85% state quota seats
Besides the 15% All India Quota seats, the remainder of 85% of the seats follows the state counseling procedure, according to which:
• Candidates are required to have given their 10th and 12th examinations from the respective state.
• Candidates are required to possess a valid address proof of the respective state.
the state quota extends to the candidates falling under the following categories:
|Non-Resident Indians (NRI)||Eligible|
|Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)||Eligible|
|Overseas Citizens of India (OCI)||Eligible|
|Foreign Nationals (Depends upon the respective state)||Eligible|
Eligibility criteria for MBBS in Kerala
- The minimum age for getting admittance is 17-years.
- The maximum age barrier is of 25-years with some privileges for section candidates.
- Learners must pass NEET and score more than 50% in std. 12th
- Applicants should be citizens of Kerala and they should have finished their 10+2 education from Kerala only.
- Subjects covered in std. 12th should be a union of PCB with English as a voluntary language.
- Kerala state follows an 85% quota rule for the admission process.
Domicile Rules and Categories for MBBS in kerela:
Candidates seeking admission to Medical courses are categorized as Keralite, Non-Keralite Category I (NK I) and Non-Keralite Category II (NK II). Kerala conducts counselling for Government Quota seats in Government colleges as well as Management Quota seats in Self-financing Medical Colleges.
- Keralite Category :A candidate of Kerala origin as well as Children of All India Service (AIS) officers from any state origin but allotted to Kerala come under Keralite Category. Candidate of Kerala origin are only eligible for Communal/Special reservation or any fee concession.
- Non-Keralite Category I (NK I): A candidate who fulfils anyone of the following conditions will be categorized as ‘Non-Keralite Category I'(NK I). There is no community/special reservation/fee concession for this category students.
- Studied Qualifying course in Kerala and son/daughter of parents who work for Government of India posted in Kerala.
- Qualifying course in Kerala and son/daughter of parents who served in Kerala Government for a minimum period of two years.
- Resident of Kerala State for a period of 5 (five) years during the study.
- Studied in Kerala from standard VIII to XII.
- Non-Keralite Category II [NK II]:
Candidates who do not belong to above two categories namely ‘Keralite’ or ‘Non-Keralite
Category I’ come under this category ‘Non-Keralite Category II’. Candidates under this category are not eligible for admission to Medical courses in Government colleges. Students from this category are eligible to apply for the open quota management seats in self financing private medical colleges in Kerala. 15% of Management Seats of private medical colleges are allotted to student irrespective of the domicile of the student.
More details can be explored in detailed at the official site of Commissioner for Entrance Examinations
For support in MBBS kerala admissions, contact
Documents required for admission process for MBBS in Kerala
- Printout of application form
- NEET-UG result
- NEET-UG Admit Card
- Class 10 Mark Sheet
- Class 12 Mark Sheet
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs