MBBS FROM KATHMANDU UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICAL SCIENCES , DHULIKHEL
Established in 1998, Kathmandu University School of Medicine is one among the 7 schools of Kathmandu University, running medical, nursing and allied health science program, under the collaboration of Kathmandu University and Dhulikhel Hospital.
This autonomous, not-for-profit, non – government institution has over 115 students per year, with an objective to produce quality clinicians to primary health care facilities right at the doorstep of local communities.
Ranking of Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences
• World rank is 20161
• Recognized By Nepal and Ministry of Health, Nepal, Medical Council of India(MCI)
• Affiliated to Kathmandu University
• Fully recognized by Nepal Medical Council
Location of Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences
The College is situated in the mountainous setting of Dhulikhel municipality, headquarters of Kavre district. Located just 30 km east of Kathmandu, it has all the basic amenities, like ATMs, railway stations, bus terminals and airport within reach, and is well connected by all means of transportation.
Faculty of Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences
The Institution comprises of the following faculties:
• Pre-Clinical Science Departments
• Clinical Sciences Departments
• Dental Programs
• Nursing and Midwifery
The Pre-Clinical Science Departments, are Anatomy, Biochemistry, Community Medicine, Microbiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Physiology.
The Clinical Departments are mainly Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Otorhinolaryngology (ENT), Ophthalmology, Radiodiagnosis, Orthopaedics, Anaesthesia, Forensic Medicine, Dermatology, Emergency, Psychiatry.
The Dental Programs include Dental Surgery, which comprises of departments,
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Prosthodontics and Maxillofacial Prosthesis, Periodontics, Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics, Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry, Oral Medicine and Radiology, Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, and Community Dentistry.
The institution offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses for Medical aspirant students.
The undergraduate programs include, MBBS, Bachelor in Dental Science (BDS), B.Sc. Nursing, Bachelor in Nursing Science (BNS), Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT), Bachelor of Midwifery (B.Mid).
The duration of MBBS course is 4 ½ Years + One Year Compulsory Rotating Internship.
MD/MS, DM/MCh, MDS Program, M.Sc. Nursing and Online Synopsis Submission are among the postgraduate courses.
Apart from undergraduate and postgraduate programs, the institution also offers certification level programs in PCL Nursing.
Advantages of studying in Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences
• The University offers high quality advanced educational excellence and research at world standards and other facilities made available at affordable and subsidized tuition fees.
• The students can also avail scholarships in different levels through the Ministry of Education and other support at KUSMS and its affiliated colleges.
• The courses offered by the University is student centred and problem based. Being community oriented and electives embodied, it aims at holistic development of professionals, with a sense of community service.
• The University has an exemplary faculty and staff strength who are masters in their own fields, to impart world class education to the young minds.
• The University has premium facilities, huge lecture Halls with good seating capacity and audio-visual equipments, spacious seminar and conference rooms, super speciality laboratories, etc.
• The students can benefit from the huge well stocked library, with thousands of reference books and journals.
• The University has outsanding national and international partnerships and collaborations with foreign scientific and educational counterparts and other universities, like Manipal Education & Medical Group, Medical University of Innsbruck, Maastricht University, Netherland, Northumbria University UK, University of Heidelberg, Germany, etc. This opens up window of opportunities and exposure for students.
• The University promotes and nurtures extra curricular activities in students and has space for sporting as well as cultural activities.
• The University provides accommodation facilities for students in comfortable hostels, well within the campus, with all amenities, including mess.
Fee Structure Kathmandu University School of Medicine
Please contact your nearest GKWORKS branch
For more details about MBBS in Nepal, Do watch the video below
For Other Countries Check Below Links: