Macquarie University began as a bold experiment in higher education – to be distinctive, progressive and transformational. Today, still as bold as ever, Macquarie is a vibrant hub of intellectual thinkers, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Recognised internationally, Macquarie University is consistently ranked in the top two per cent of universities in the world and within the top 10 in Australia. The initial concept of the campus was to create a new high technology corridor, similar to the area surrounding Stanford University in Palo Alto, California, the goal being to provide for interaction between industry and the new university.Macquarie has a strong record of innovation. They helped develop the technology that underpins modern wifi systems, lead the world in environmental science and the impacts of a changing climate on society and industry, and they pioneered online treatments for mental health conditions. As they look to the future, they are constantly seeking new solutions to the challenges the world faces.
The university offers various undergraduate courses in the field of Business, Education, Engineering and IT, Environment, Health and medical sciences, Law, security and intelligence, Media, creative arts and communication, Sciences, Society, history and languages.
The postgraduate coursework programs in the area of Business, Education, Engineering and IT, Environment, Health and medical sciences, Law, security and intelligence,Media,creative arts and communication, Sciences, Society, history and languages, can lead to three different types of accreditation:
• Postgraduate Diploma
• Postgraduate Certificate
1. World Ranking
• World Rankings Overview: Macquarie University is the number 9 ranked Australian university overall on the world university ranking systems
• QS World Rankings : Macquarie is ranked at number =240 on the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) world ranking system which is number 12 in Australia.
• THE Times World Rankings : Macquarie is ranked at number 251+ on the Times Higher Education world university ranking system which is number =13 in Australia.
• Academic Rankings World Universities (ARWU) Rankings: Macquarie is ranked at number 151+ on the ARWU world university ranking system which is number =9 in Australia.
• US News Rankings: Macquarie is ranked at number 234= on the US News world university ranking system which is number 9 in Australia.
• CWUR Center for World University Rankings: Macquarie is ranked at number 434 on the CWUR Center for World University Rankings system which is number 9 in Australia.
• Times Asia/Pacific Rankings: Macquarie is ranked at number =38 on the Times Asia/Pacific ranking system which is number =13 in Australia.
• QS Graduate Employability Rankings : Macquarie is ranked at number 121+ on the QS Graduate Employability ranking system which is number 10 in Australia.
2. Australian Rankings
• Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) Ranking: Macquarie is ranked at number 8 on the domestic ERA ranking system (2012)
• AEN 5 Star Ranking: Macquarie is rated a 4 1/2 Star university on the overall AEN 5 Star Ranking System
Macquarie University’s main North Ryde campus is located just 15 kilometres from Sydney’s city centre in one of the largest business and technology precincts in the Southern Hemisphere. Apart from its centres of learning, the campus features the Macquarie University Research Park, museums, art galleries, a sculpture park, an observatory, a sport and aquatic centre and also the private Macquarie University Hospital.
For more details contact your nearest Global Knowledge Works Branch
Following might help you as well.
He is an entrepreneur, a mentor, career counselor, an author and so much more. Alumni of reputed institutes like IIM-Bangalore, Delhi Technical University and among the top 20 of his batch, Mr. Vivek Gupta has almost 20 years of experience.
Satyam is an alumnus of IIM Bangalore ( 2005) and IIT Delhi 2003. He was first runner up at Lead India , an initiative by Times of India to find future impact leaders of India. After a 4 year stint with American Express, Satyam joined Michael and Susal Dell Foundation to take his passion to profession.
A first generation entrepreneur, he has founded Genexix Business Process Private limited which has a turnover of over $2M yearly, http://www.genexis.in. He is an MBA from IP University and Bachelors in hotel management from Pusa. He has worked with organisations like Yes bank.
Sameer Mahandru is an alumnus of IIM Bangalore (2004). He has worked with companies like Hindustan Lever, Asian Paints, SABMiller in the Sales & Marketing function for more than 6 years prior to starting operations at Indospirit. Currently he is MD and Chairman of Indospirit Distribution Limited.
Best thing about Vivek Gupta Sir is his selfless counselling. As I am already a BSC/ MSC, he suggested me to go to Philippines as I was able to get straight admission into MD and this finishes my entire course in 4 years flat. In any other country, it would have taken by 5.5-6 years. Ms Kanimojhi in Chennai office of GKWorks was equally supportive in coordination regarding documents, departure and all other formalities.
We live 100 Km’s away from Varanasi. The internet connection in our town is very weak and my parents are not that educated. For us, understanding the word RTGS was also very difficult. Thanks to Amit Pandey Sir, who is Gkworks Varanasi incharge, he helped us to do all small things. Going with us to get forex to helping us doing RTGS for fee payment, he was always there with us. He only helped us to apply for passport online and went with us to passport office Varanasi. Such support at ground level was provided by GKworks team both in Varanasi and Delhi.
My parents were not very comfortable to send me abroad especially my mother as I am the only son of my parents. I really wanted to become a doctor and thus approached Hemant Mishra Sir, director of Bareilly branch of GKWorks. He went out of his way to convince my mother. He would have come 5 times to my home, invited us to his office and home 10 times before my mother was finally convinced. It is only due to Hemant Sir in Bareilly that I am pursuing my course today. I wish GKworks and especially Bareilly branch all the very best to help many more students for their life dreams.