The University of Waterloo ranks among the top institutions in the world. It is at the forefront of innovation and is home to transformational research and inspired learning. Located in the heart of Canada’s technology hub, it is growing a network of global partnerships that will shape the future by working beyond disciplines and building bridges with industry, institutions and communities. Waterloo is a member of the U15, a group of research-intensive universities in Canada. For more than 25 years in a row, Waterloo has been named Canada’s Most Innovative University in the Maclean’s reputational survey of Canadian universities.
The undergraduate and postgraduate programs are available in the fields of Accounting and financial Management, Actuarial Science, Anthropology, Applied Mathematics, Architectural Engineering, Biology, Business Administration, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Environment and Business, Fine Arts, Geography and Aviation, Geomatics, Health studies, Information Technology Management, Legal studies, Music, Nanotechnology, Pharmacy, Philosophy, Physics, Software Engineering, Sociology, Statistics, Tourism development etc.
- National university rankings
- Ranked #1 “most innovative” for 2019
- Ranked #2 “best overall university reputation” for 2019
- Ranked #2 “leaders of tomorrow” for 2019
- Ranked #3 “highest quality” for 2019
- Ranked #3 “best overall” for 2019
- Global university rankings
- Waterloo ranks among the top 275 in the world out of 16,000 universities (Times Higher Education World University Rankings)
- Waterloo has the 10th best water research institution in the world and is the only Canadian institute in the top 10 (Lux Research Inc.)
- Top 50 for engineering (Academic Rankings of World Universities)
- 2018/2019 QS World University Rankings
- 19th in the world for Hospitality and Leisure Studies
- 31st in the world for Computer Science and Information Systems
- 39th in the world for Mathematics
- Top 75 for Engineering and Technology
- Top 100 for Civil/Structural/Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Studies, Geography, Materials Sciences
- Top 150 for Accounting and Finance, Mechanical Engineering, Natural Sciences, Psychology, Physics and Astronomy, Earth and Marine Sciences
- Top 200 for Chemistry, Politics, Physics and Astronomy
The main University of Waterloo campus is in the city of Waterloo, which is centrally located in southwestern Ontario with easy access to Toronto, Hamilton, and London. While the main campus is 404 hectares (998 acres), the majority of the teaching facilities are centred on a ring road in its southern portion. In addition, the university owns several other properties in Cambridge, Huntsville, Kitchener, and Stratford, Ontario.
For more details contact your nearest Global Knowledge Works Branch
Following might help you as well.