How to start applying for study visa for New Zealand?
The student must apply for the visa keeping them in mind the timeline of getting and applying for a study visa. The New Zealand High Commission takes about eight months to twelve months to complete the visa procedure. The time taken to obtain a visa depends on the background of the student. So the students need to apply for their visas at least three months prior to their course commencement. The student needs to create an account online and fill in the form, to get started with their visa application.
What documents do you need to obtain a study visa for New Zealand?
The student must have the following documents to get the study visa to pursue their education in New Zealand:
- Valid passport – the student’s passport must be valid for at least three months beyond your period of stay in New Zealand
- Two passport-sized photographs of the student
- Completed Student Visa Application Form (INZ 1012)
- Application fee payment receipt, as the student is required to pay Rs 11,100 before your interview
- An offer of place – The student needs to have an offer of a place from a New Zealand institute/university. The forms are usually issued after the tuition fees have been received
- Letter from the student’s current institution confirming status as a study abroad student
- Health insurance receipt of the student
- You may be required to show Health and Character certificates, to prove that your intention of staying in New Zealand is genuine
Some other documents may be required to obtain a study visa for New Zealand. These documents are required to provide evidence for academic and financial status. These include transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or certificates from the school the student attended, score from the tests like TOEFL, GRE or GMAT and the means of paying for education and stay in New Zealand.
Some points to keep in mind when applying for a study visa for New Zealand
A student can work part-time for up to 20 hours per week if their program of study meets one of these criteria:
- It is at least two years in duration
- It leads to a New Zealand qualification that qualifies for points towards an application for a Skilled Migrant visa.
- It is a tertiary institution, and the main purpose is to develop English language skills – the must also have an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall band score of 5.0 or above in the general or academic modules.