One of Australia’s original tertiary institutions, RMIT University relish an international reputation for excellence in professional and vocational education, applied research, and engagement with the needs of industry and the community. It enfold the task of expanding the benefits of a fast-innovating, high-skill knowledge economy to whole community and the world.
RMIT began helping people and organisations make the transition to an industrial society more than a century ago. It remains a meeting place for people from diverse origins, a place of exchange and dialogue, creative conflict and collaboration where knowledge and skills are applied to create new understanding and value.
RMIT offers a range of bachelor, associate and honours degrees in the areas of Architecture, Arts, Biomedical Sciences, Building, Business, Communication, Community Services, Design, Education, Engineering, Fashion, Game design, Health Sciences, Information Technology, Law and Science.
The university offers postgraduate programs, research programs at master and doctoral (PhD) level in the fields of Architecture, Arts, Biomedical Science, Building, Business, Communication, Community services, Design, Education, Engineering, Fashion, Game design, Health Science, Information Technology, Law, Science and Research.
- World Ranking
- QS World Rankings: RMIT is ranked at number 247 on the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) world ranking system which is number 13 in Australia.
- THE Times World Rankings:
- RMIT is ranked at number 401+ on the Times Higher Education world university ranking system which is number 25 in Australia.
- Academic Rankings World Universities (ARWU) Rankings: RMIT is ranked at number 401+ on the ARWU world university ranking system which is number 22 in Australia.
- US News Rankings: RMIT is ranked at number 426 on the US News world university ranking system which is number 23 in Australia.
- CWUR Center for World University Rankings: RMIT is ranked at number 837 on the CWUR Center for World University Rankings system which is number 25 in Australia.
- Times Universities Under 50 Years: RMIT is ranked at number 87 on the TImes Higher Education best world universities under 50 years of age which is number 15 in Australia.
- QS Universities Under 50 Years Old: RMIT is ranked at number 21 on the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) universities under 50 years old ranking system which is number 4 in Australia.
- Times Asia/Pacific Rankings: RMIT is ranked at number 73 on the Times Asia/Pacific ranking system which is number 27 in Australia.
- QS Graduate Employability Rankings: RMIT is ranked at number 97 on the QS Graduate Employability ranking system which is number 8 in Australia.
- Australian Rankings
- Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) Ranking: RMIT is ranked at number 16 on the domestic ERA ranking system (2012)
- AEN 5 Star Ranking: RMIT is rated a 4 Star university on the overall AEN 5 Star Ranking System
RMIT has three campuses and two sites in Australia, two campuses in Vietnam and a research and industry collaboration centre in Spain.
- Melbourne City campus is located in the cosmopolitan heart of the “world’s most liveable city” and is surrounded by public transport, restaurants, cafes, theatres, galleries and parks.
- The Bundoora campus, in the north-eastern suburbs of Melbourne.Eighteen kilometres north-east of Melbourne city centre, the campus is divided into East and West by Plenty Road.
- The Brunswick campus is situated just a few minutes away from Sydney Road – a vibrant, multicultural area with a variety of shops, restaurants, pubs and markets.
- Located in Victoria’s Southern Grampians region, RMIT University Hamilton offers quality short courses and undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs
- .RMIT has two campuses in Vietnam, a centre in Europe (Spain) and representative office in Indonesia, and offers programs through partners in Asia and Europe.
For more information contact your nearest Global Knowledge Works Branch