MBBS IN UTTAR PRADESH
In India every year numerous students appear for the entrance exam of the medical field. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is an exam that enables a person who qualifies for this exam to get admitted in the field of medicine. NEET is considered of utmost importance as it an essential milestone on the way to become a doctor. Thus the toughness level of NEET is quite high. It allows fewer students to qualify for the exam. In India, there is a total of 550 medical colleges. Among these 40 medical colleges are situated in Uttar Pradesh. The number of seats offered by all the colleges accounts for 4170 MBBS seats.
Directorate of Medical Education and Training (DMET), Uttar Pradesh will conduct the UP NEET admission. The authority will organise admission to UP MBBS/BDS for seats under 85% state quota seats offered by 40 medical and 23 dental colleges. Aspirants who fulfils the eligibility criteria specified by the counselling committee. For UP MBBS 2 admission, medical students need to qualify for the NEET entrance exam .
The statistics can be summarized as:
Total number of Candidates is 154705
1670 MBBS seats in 15 government colleges,
3000 seats in 24 private colleges.
List of government MBBS colleges with total seats
|Name of medical college||Seats|
|King George Medical University, Lucknow||210|
|G.S.V.M. Medical College, Kanpur||159|
|MLN Medical College, Prayagraj||124|
|S.N. Medical College, Agra||124|
|M.L.B Medical College, Jhansi||82|
|L.L.R.M. Medical College, Meerut||124|
|B.R.D Medical College, Gorakhpur||82|
|Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences, Itawa||128|
|State Allopathic Medical College, Ambedkar Nagar||85|
|State Medical College, Jalaun||85|
|State Medical College, Kannauj||85|
|State Medical College, Azamgarh||85|
|State Medical College, Saharanpur||85|
|State Medical College, Banda||85|
|Dr, RML Medical Science Institute, Lucknow||127|
List of private MBBS colleges with total seats:
|Name of medical college||Seats|
|Subharti Medical College, Meerut||100|
|Shri Ram Murti Smarak Institute of Medical Sciences, Bareilly||100|
|Muzaffarnagar Medical College, Muzaffarnagar||150|
|Rohilkhand Medical College & Hospital, Bareilly||150|
|Hind Institute of Medical Sciences, Barabanki||100|
|Rama Medical College Hospital & Research Centre, Kanpur||100|
|Saraswathi Institute of Medical Sciences, Hapur||100|
|Sharda University – School of Medical Sciences & Research, Greater Noida||150|
|Rama Medical College Hospital & Research Centre, Hapur||150|
|Rajshree Medical Research Institute & Hospital, Bareilly||150|
|Heritage Institute of Medical Sciences, Varanasi||150|
|Hind Institute of Medical Sciences, Sitapur||150|
|K D Medical College, Mathura||150|
|T S M Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow||150|
|Era’s Lucknow Medical College, Lucknow||150|
|Career Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow||100|
|Teerthankar Mahavir Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Moradabad||150|
|Integral Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow||100|
|M.S.Y. Medical College||150|
Eligibility criteria for MBBS in Uttar Pradesh
- Applicant should be at least of 17-years for appearing NEET.
- The age of the applicant should not be more than 25-years. The age limit for category students is more than general category students.
- Main subjects in std. 12th should be a combination of PCB group with English as an elective language.
- Marks obtained in std. 12th should be more than 50% aggregate.
- Applicant must be a native of Uttar Pradesh or should fit in the criteria set by the state for the domicile rule.
Documents required for MBBS Uttar Pradesh admission process
- Printout of application form
- NEET-UG result
- NEET-UG Admit Card
- Class 10 Mark Sheet
- Class 12 Mark Sheet
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
State Domicile Rules to get 85% state quota in MBBS Uttar Pradesh
Candidates who are domicile holders of Uttar Pradesh can part in the admission process for the 85% state quota seats. Domicile rule is used by every state. This rule enables the responsible authority to give admission to students depending on their native state. A domicile certificate is proof of permanent residence given to a person by the state government. With this certificate, one can take the privileges given by the state government. In Uttar Pradesh, the certificate is granted to a person who is a permanent resident of the state or whose parents are. The certificate can be obtained via online or offline mode. Various documents that can be needed for certificate Adhar/Pan card, passport photo, address proof (such as utility bills), etc. For the online creation of certificates, people can visit the official website of their states. The remaining 15% of the quota is kept for international students or students who attend through the quota management policy.
Students who fulfil either of the following criteria will be considered the domicile holders of UP state:
- Candidates whose father is a resident of UP and they themselves are natives of the state.
- Candidates whose parent/s have lived/ been living in the state of Uttar Pradesh for three or more years.
- Candidates whose parent/s are working with the Government of India.
- Candidates who are residing in a foreign nation but have direct ancestors/ forefathers who were residents of the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- Candidates who have passed class 10 and 12 from Uttar Pradesh will also be eligible under this quota and need not show residency proof.
- However, the candidates who have passed either class 10 or class 12 from Uttar Pradesh will need to provide proof that either of their parents is a resident of the state.
- Candidates who have passed neither of class 10 or class 12 from Uttar Pradesh must qualify either of the first four criteria.
- For support in MBBS Uttra Pradesh admissions, contact
Below Videos would further help you