MBBS IN KARNATAKA
MBBS is an abbreviated form for Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery. A course which is one of the most attractive courses. There are a total of 511 colleges in India that offer MBBS courses. The number of colleges is made up of 250 government colleges and 261 private medical colleges. The Medical Council of India (MCI) has recognized 420 colleges while the other 95 colleges are accredited by UGC. In Karnataka, there are a total of 56 colleges. Among these colleges, there are 16 government colleges, 29 private colleges, and 11 deemed universities. The total number of seats offered by these colleges is 8645.
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA), Bangalore is responsible authority for conducting Karnataka MBBS counselling for the students who are eligible. Karnataka MBBS counselling for every round will be done in online mode. Karnataka MBBS counselling will be conducted on the basis scores obtained in NEET.
The statistics can be summarized as:
Total number of Candidate is 119626
2450 MBBS seats in 16 government colleges,
4195 seats in 29 private medical colleges,
2000 seats in 11 deemed universities
List of government MBBS colleges with total seats
|Name of the College||Total Seats|
|Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore||250|
|MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital, Bangalore||150|
|Mandya Institute of Medical Sciences, Mandya||150|
|Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences, Hassan||150|
|Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli||200|
|Vijaynagar Institute of Medical Sciences, Bellary||150|
|Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences, Raichur||150|
|Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) Medical
|Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences, Gulbarga||150|
|Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) Medical
|Mysore Medical College, Mysore||150|
|Belgaum Institute of Medical Sciences, Belagavi||150|
|Gadag Institute of Medical Sciences, Gadag||150|
|Chamrajanagar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karnataka||150|
|Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar||150|
|Kodagu Institute of Medical Sciences, Madikeri||150|
List of Private/trust run medical colleges with total seats
Eligibility criteria for MBBS in Karnataka
- The minimum age required to get admission to medical college is 17-years.
- The maximum age limit set for getting admission is of 25-years with some privileges for section candidates.
- Learners must pass NEET and score more than 50% in std. 12th
- Students should be native of Karnataka with more than 50% combined in every subject.
- Subjects covered in std. 12th should be a union of PCB with English as a voluntary language.
- Karnataka state observes an 85% quota practice for the selection process.
Documents required for MBBS admission process in Karnataka
- Printout of application form
- NEET-UG result
- NEET-UG Admit Card
- Class 10 Mark Sheet
- Class 12 Mark Sheet
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
State domicile rules to get 85% state quota seats for MBBS in Karnataka
Let us now learn in-depth about the domicile certificate. The certificate is a continual residence declaration allotted by the Indian government. Per state has its customs and management for assigning certificates. Your power to live in that selective state. In Karnataka, a residence certificate is granted to people who are permanent residents of the state or have lived in the state for more than 6-years. The certificate can be collected from the revenue department of the state. The certificate can be obtained via online or offline mode. Various documents that can be needed for certificate Adhar/Pan card, passport photo, address proof (such as utility bills), etc. For the online creation of certificates, people can visit the official website of their states. The remaining 15% of the quota is kept for international students or students who attend through the quota management policy.
The accountable officials for handling the process of admission of students in the field of medicine are done by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). After the announcement of the results of NEET, the committee carries on the process of admission. They release a merit list depending on the scores of the students. After the step of merit, list release is completed, then the process of counseling is started which is a final step in allocating colleges.
Candidates will be considered as domicile holders or natives of the state of Karnataka only if they fulfil either of the following criteria:
• Candidates applying under this category must have studied in a Karnataka-based institute recognized by the state government for a minimum of seven years.
• Candidates must have studied from a Karnataka-based government institute from class 9 to 12 (or 1st and 2nd year PUC). Also, either of the parents of the candidates must have studied from Karnataka for at least 7 years.
• Candidates who have passed class 12 (or equivalent exam) from any school or institute outside Karnataka can apply under the domicile criteria if either of their parents is a Karnataka domicile holder. Also, in this case, the candidate or either of the parent must have Kannada, Kodava or Tulu as their mother tongue and candidate will be required to appear for Kannada language test.
You can read more on the topic for details at https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/
For support in MBBS Karnataka admissions, contact
Below Videos would help you further