The University of Melbourne is the leading centre of higher education and research in Australia. Founded in 1853, it’s situated in the heart of the world’s most liveable city and part of the largest biomedical precinct in the southern hemisphere. With a strong research performance, excellence in learning and teaching, and intellectual and social capital, the University is consistently positioned with the world’s leading universities and currently ranked number one in Australia and number 32 in the world. The University’s Melbourne Model is a globally competitive curriculum coupling broad undergraduate studies with postgraduate specialisation. With a growing tendency for graduates to explore multiple career paths, this innovative study experience provides students with a wider understanding of the world beyond their degree. Equipped with a breadth and depth of knowledge, Melbourne alumni are flexible, adaptable and ready for any future, with 97 per cent of undergraduate and 98 per cent of postgraduates employed three to five years after graduating.
The university offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma in the discipline of Architecture, building, planning and design, Arts, Humanities and social sciences, Business and Economics, Education, Engineering, Environment, Health, Information Technology and computer science, Law, Music and visual and performing arts, Science, Veterinary, agriculture and food sciences.
1. World Ranking
• World Rankings Overview: University of Melbourne is the number 1 ranked Australian university overall on the world university ranking systems
• QS World Rankings: Melbourne is ranked at number =41 on the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) world ranking system which is number 2 in Australia.
• THE Times World Rankings : Melbourne is ranked at number 32 on the Times Higher Education world university ranking system which is number 1 in Australia.
• Academic Rankings World Universities (ARWU) Rankings: Melbourne is ranked at number 39 on the ARWU world university ranking system which is number 1 in Australia.
• US News Rankings: Melbourne is ranked at number 26 on the US News world university ranking system which is number 1 in Australia.
• CWUR Center for World University Rankings: Melbourne is ranked at number 82 on the CWUR Center for World University Rankings system which is number 2 in Australia.
• Times Asia/Pacific Rankings: Melbourne is ranked at number 3 on the Times Asia/Pacific ranking system which is number 1 in Australia.
• QS Graduate Employability Rankings: Melbourne is ranked at number 7 on the QS Graduate Employability ranking system which is number 2 in Australia.
2. Australian Rankings
• Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) Ranking: Melbourne is ranked at number 1 on the domestic ERA ranking system (2012)
• AEN 5 Star Ranking: Melbourne is rated a 5 Star university on the overall AEN 5 Star Ranking System
The Parkville Campus is the primary campus of the university.Originally established in a large area north of Grattan Street in Parkville, the campus has expanded well beyond its boundaries, with many of its newly acquired buildings located in the nearby suburb of Carlton.
Melbourne University currently has 10 residential colleges in total, seven of which are located in an arc around the cricket oval at the northern edge of the campus, known as College Crescent. The other three are located outside of university grounds.
For more details contact your nearest Global Knowledge Works Branch