The University of Melbourne is the leading centre of higher education and research in Australia. Founded in 1853, it’s situated in the heart of the world’s most liveable city and part of the largest biomedical precinct in the southern hemisphere. With a strong research performance, excellence in learning and teaching, and intellectual and social capital, the University is consistently positioned with the world’s leading universities and currently ranked number one in Australia and number 32 in the world. The University’s Melbourne Model is a globally competitive curriculum coupling broad undergraduate studies with postgraduate specialisation. With a growing tendency for graduates to explore multiple career paths, this innovative study experience provides students with a wider understanding of the world beyond their degree. Equipped with a breadth and depth of knowledge, Melbourne alumni are flexible, adaptable and ready for any future, with 97 per cent of undergraduate and 98 per cent of postgraduates employed three to five years after graduating.
The university offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma in the discipline of Architecture, building, planning and design, Arts, Humanities and social sciences, Business and Economics, Education, Engineering, Environment, Health, Information Technology and computer science, Law, Music and visual and performing arts, Science, Veterinary, agriculture and food sciences.
1. World Ranking
• World Rankings Overview: University of Melbourne is the number 1 ranked Australian university overall on the world university ranking systems
• QS World Rankings: Melbourne is ranked at number =41 on the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) world ranking system which is number 2 in Australia.
• THE Times World Rankings : Melbourne is ranked at number 32 on the Times Higher Education world university ranking system which is number 1 in Australia.
• Academic Rankings World Universities (ARWU) Rankings: Melbourne is ranked at number 39 on the ARWU world university ranking system which is number 1 in Australia.
• US News Rankings: Melbourne is ranked at number 26 on the US News world university ranking system which is number 1 in Australia.
• CWUR Center for World University Rankings: Melbourne is ranked at number 82 on the CWUR Center for World University Rankings system which is number 2 in Australia.
• Times Asia/Pacific Rankings: Melbourne is ranked at number 3 on the Times Asia/Pacific ranking system which is number 1 in Australia.
• QS Graduate Employability Rankings: Melbourne is ranked at number 7 on the QS Graduate Employability ranking system which is number 2 in Australia.
2. Australian Rankings
• Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) Ranking: Melbourne is ranked at number 1 on the domestic ERA ranking system (2012)
• AEN 5 Star Ranking: Melbourne is rated a 5 Star university on the overall AEN 5 Star Ranking System
The Parkville Campus is the primary campus of the university.Originally established in a large area north of Grattan Street in Parkville, the campus has expanded well beyond its boundaries, with many of its newly acquired buildings located in the nearby suburb of Carlton.
Melbourne University currently has 10 residential colleges in total, seven of which are located in an arc around the cricket oval at the northern edge of the campus, known as College Crescent. The other three are located outside of university grounds.
For more details contact your nearest Global Knowledge Works Branch
Following might help you as well.
Best Medical School in the World 2021 It seems like the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine has the prestigious title of the World best medical school for 2021. Harvard Medical School earned itself a respectable 2nd place and with Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania has been ranked 3rd. The 2021 … Continue reading
He is an entrepreneur, a mentor, career counselor, an author and so much more. Alumni of reputed institutes like IIM-Bangalore, Delhi Technical University and among the top 20 of his batch, Mr. Vivek Gupta has almost 20 years of experience.
Satyam is an alumnus of IIM Bangalore ( 2005) and IIT Delhi 2003. He was first runner up at Lead India , an initiative by Times of India to find future impact leaders of India. After a 4 year stint with American Express, Satyam joined Michael and Susal Dell Foundation to take his passion to profession.
A first generation entrepreneur, he has founded Genexix Business Process Private limited which has a turnover of over $2M yearly, http://www.genexis.in. He is an MBA from IP University and Bachelors in hotel management from Pusa. He has worked with organisations like Yes bank.
Sameer Mahandru is an alumnus of IIM Bangalore (2004). He has worked with companies like Hindustan Lever, Asian Paints, SABMiller in the Sales & Marketing function for more than 6 years prior to starting operations at Indospirit. Currently he is MD and Chairman of Indospirit Distribution Limited.
Best thing about Vivek Gupta Sir is his selfless counselling. As I am already a BSC/ MSC, he suggested me to go to Philippines as I was able to get straight admission into MD and this finishes my entire course in 4 years flat. In any other country, it would have taken by 5.5-6 years. Ms Kanimojhi in Chennai office of GKWorks was equally supportive in coordination regarding documents, departure and all other formalities.
We live 100 Km’s away from Varanasi. The internet connection in our town is very weak and my parents are not that educated. For us, understanding the word RTGS was also very difficult. Thanks to Amit Pandey Sir, who is Gkworks Varanasi incharge, he helped us to do all small things. Going with us to get forex to helping us doing RTGS for fee payment, he was always there with us. He only helped us to apply for passport online and went with us to passport office Varanasi. Such support at ground level was provided by GKworks team both in Varanasi and Delhi.
My parents were not very comfortable to send me abroad especially my mother as I am the only son of my parents. I really wanted to become a doctor and thus approached Hemant Mishra Sir, director of Bareilly branch of GKWorks. He went out of his way to convince my mother. He would have come 5 times to my home, invited us to his office and home 10 times before my mother was finally convinced. It is only due to Hemant Sir in Bareilly that I am pursuing my course today. I wish GKworks and especially Bareilly branch all the very best to help many more students for their life dreams.