The University of Ottawa is the largest bilingual (English-French) university in the world.The University of Ottawa is a vital, engaged and vibrant centre for human understanding and advancement — offering a superior educational experience. The university offers a wide variety of academic programs, administered by ten faculties. It is a member of the U15, a group of research-intensive universities in Canada. Its proximity to the Parliament of Canada, federal government departments and agencies, non-government and non-profit organizations, major libraries, research institutions and health centres adds to its character as a unique place to study.
The Bachelor degree is offered in the fields of Arts, Music, Science, Science in nursing, Social Science, Biomedical Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Law, Management etc.
Graduate diploma is offered in the fields of Professional Accountancy, Health Professions education, Engineering Management, Information Management, Internet technologies, Leadership and Management, Music Performance, Piano Pedagogy Research, Program Evaluation, Public Management and Governance, Systems Science etc.
Masters courses are available in the fields of Business Administration, Applied Science, Anthropology, bilingualism studies,Communication, Criminology, economics, Education, English literature, Geography, History, Human kinetics, Religious studies, Sociology, Laws, Social work etc.
- In the 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings, the university was ranked 176th in the world, and seventh in Canada.
- In the 2018 US News and World Report Rankings, the school was ranked 200th in the world, and 8th in Canada.
- The 2018 QS World University Rankings ranked the university 289th in the world, and 13th in Canada.
- The university has also ranked in Maclean’s Canadian Medical/Doctoral university rankings, a national ranking of research-intensive universities.
- In addition, the 2018 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) by Shanghai Jiaotong University placed the school 151–200 worldwide, and 7–9 in Canada.
- In the publication’s 2019 Medical/Doctoral rankings, the University of Ottawa ranked 9th in Canada, and 17th in Maclean’s overall reputation rankings.
The university’s main campus is situated within the neighbourhood of Sandy Hill. The main campus is bordered to the north by the ByWard Market district, to the east by Sandy Hill’s residential area, and to the southwest by Nicholas Street, which runs adjacent to the Rideau Canal on the western half of the University. The main campus is divided between its older Sandy Hill campus and its Lees campus, purchased in 2007.
For more details contact your nearest Global Knowledge Works Branch
For more info about path to Canada PR after studies, Canada PR express entry
Following might help you as well.