The University of British Columbia is a public institution located in the Canadian province of British Columbia. The university was established in 1908 and opened in 1915.It is a global centre for research and teaching, consistently ranked among the 40 best universities in the world. Since 1915, UBC’s West Coast spirit has embraced innovation and challenged the status quo. Its entrepreneurial perspective encourages students, staff and faculty to challenge convention, lead discovery and explore new ways of learning. At UBC, bold thinking is given a place to develop into ideas that can change the world.
The various subjects offered at University Of British Columbia are, Agriculture, Anatomy, Anthropology, Applied Science, Architecture, Arts, Astronomy, Business, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Botany, Children’s Literature, Computing Information and Cognitive Systems, Classical Studies, Commerce, Computer Science, Dentistry, Economics, Design, Education, Family Studies, Forestry, Genetics, Health and Society, Journalism, Law and Society, Medicine, Midwifery, Music, Neuroscience, Nursing, Pathology, Pharmacy, Philosophy, Psychology, Political Science, Polish, Radiology, Religious Studies, Social Work, Surgery, Theatre, Ukrainian, Visual Arts, Zoology etc.
The University of British Columbia is consistently ranking among the 40 best globally, and now places among the top 20 public universities in the world. UBC ranks 37 in the 2015 Times Higher Education (THE) reputational in ranking. This ranking is a sub-component of the comprehensive rankings, and based on an academic opinion survey. The 2018 Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked the university second in Canada, and 43rd overall. In 2018, UBC was ranked 3rd in Canada among all its major/research universities in the Maclean’s annual rankings. In Newsweek’s 2011 global university rankings, the university was ranked eighth among institutions outside the United States, and second in Canada. UBC has the second highest average entering grade among Canadian universities, with an average undergraduate entrance grade of 89.6%.
UBC has two major campus in Vancouver and Okanagan.
- Vancouver Campus : Located 30 minutes from the heart of downtown Vancouver, the Vancouver campus is a spectacular location that is a ‘must-see’ for any visitor to the city.
- Okanagan Campus : The Okanagan campus is an intimate learning community embracing bold new ways of thinking that attract exceptional students and faculty.
Other UBU sites includes:
- UBC Robson Square : Set in the kaleidoscopic heart of Vancouver, the vibrant learning and conference centre welcomes over 30,000 adult learners a year in daytime, evening and weekend offerings.
- Great Northern Way : As the partnership of UBC, Simon Fraser University, the BC Institute of Technology, Emily Carr University of Art and operating under the GNW Trust, the 18-acre campus is a fusion of top-tier technology, industry, business, the arts and the general community.
- UBC Faculty of Medicine Across BC : Four university academic and 11 clinical academic campuses, 17 affiliated regional centres, 65 plus community education and rural/remote sites; spread province wide and yet fully integrated by technology, innovation and quiet passion, the UBC Faculty of Medicine is greater than the sum of its parts and for our students, a truly unique and varied skein of education and experiences.
- Asia Pacific Regional Office : Officially opened in 2005 and based in Hong Kong SAR, the APRO is UBC’s seasoned ‘window’ into Asia Pacific and what is arguably the world’s most dynamic region.
For more details contact your nearest Global Knowledge Works Branch
For more info about path to Canada PR after studies, Canada PR express entry
Following might help you as well.