ECU is committed to widening participation and breaking down barriers that restrict entry to education, and they are continuing their work on the enhancement and development of alternative entry pathways to higher education. It is a university that values diversity and this is exemplified by its multicultural student cohort spanning a wide range of ages. They also support gender equality and ECU is advancing this commitment through their membership of the Athena SWAN Charter in Australia. Thier focus on teaching and research is inspired by engagement and partnerships with those in the many communities they are established to serve.
ECU extends knowledge and improves the quality of life for Australians and people across the globe. The research priorities focus on solving real world problems across social, economic, physical and environmental domains.Established in 1991, ECU has grown rapidly into a quality university with excellent student satisfaction and internationally recognised research.
Students and graduates at ECU are amongst the best in the world, with many fulfilling crucial roles in our society. Their outstanding achievements have been recognised throughout Australia and internationally through awards, grants, scholarships and prizes.
The various undergraduate and postgraduate courses are available in the area of Arts and Humanities, Business and Law, Medical and Health Sciences, Nursing and Midwifery, Science, Teacher Education and Western Australian Academy Of Performing Arts.
The research programs can be done in the following disciplines. Philosophy, Arts, Business, Criminal Justice, Education, Engineering Science, Laws, Medical and Health Sciences, Midwifery, Nursing, Science, Social Science.
1. World Rankings
• World Rankings Overview: Edith Cowan University is the number 30 ranked Australian university overall on the world university ranking systems.
• QS World Rankings: ECU is ranked at number 751+ on the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) world ranking system which is number =31 in Australia.
• THE Times World Rankings: ECU is ranked at number 501+ on the Times Higher Education world university ranking system which is number =30 in Australia.
• US News Rankings: ECU is ranked at number 689= on the US News world university ranking system which is number 28 in Australia.
• Times Universities Under 50 Years : ECU is ranked at number 101-150 on the TImes Higher Education best world universities under 50 years of age which is number =18 in Australia.
• Times Asia/Pacific Rankings: ECU is ranked at number 96 on the Times Asia/Pacific ranking system which is number 31 in Australia.
2. Australian Rankings
• Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) Ranking: ECU is ranked at number 29= on the domestic ERA ranking system (2012).
• AEN 5 Star Ranking: ECU is rated a 3 Star university on the overall AEN 5 Star Ranking System.
ECU has three campuses in Western Australia, each offering a modern, vibrant location for study and learning.
1. Joondalup Campus is the University’s headquarters. The campus boasts state-of-the-art facilities, including the Health and Wellness Building, a multi-million dollar sport and fitness centre, an award-winning library and student hub, a microbrewery, an outdoor cinema for the summer months and on-campus accommodation.
2. Mount Lawley Campus is only minutes from Perth CBD and the Beaufort Street cafe strip. It is equipped with extensive teaching resources, first-rate IT and performing arts facilities, a sport and fitness centre and on-campus accommodation.
3. Located two hours’ drive south of Perth, the South West Campus (Bunbury) is within easy reach of the world-famous Margaret River region.
For more details contact your nearest Global Knowledge Works branch
Following might help you as well.