The University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 1850, it was Australia’s first university and is regarded as one of the world’s leading universities. The university is colloquially known as one of Australia’s sandstone universities. The University’s simple strategy is to create a place where the best researchers and most promising students can achieve their full potential. The University’s strategic plan is more than a high-level document for the governing bodies and senior management. It is the roadmap to achieving the shared vision. It believe a healthy university supports healthy people, builds healthy places, develops healthy policies and implements healthy practices to support the students, staff and the broader community
There are many types of courses you can study at the University of Sydney, whether you’re starting out, looking to improve your career prospects, or pursuing a passion.
The university offers undergraduate programs with professional degree, specialized degree, liberal studies degrees in the field of Architecture, design and Planning, Art and Social Sciences, Business, Education and Social Work, Engineering and Information Technologies, Medicine and Health, Music, Science, agriculture, environment and veterinary science.
The postgraduate courses are available in the areas of Architecture, Design and Planning, Arts and Social Sciences, Business, Education and Social Work, Engineering and IT, Medicine and Health, Law, Music, Science, Agriculture, veterinary science and environment.
- World Rankings
- World Rankings Overview: University of Sydney is the number 3 ranked Australian university overall on the world university ranking systems
- QS World Rankings: Sydney is ranked at number 50 on the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) world ranking system which is number 5 in Australia.
- THE Times World Rankings: Sydney is ranked at number 61 on the Times Higher Education world university ranking system which is number 3 in Australia.
- Academic Rankings World Universities (ARWU) Rankings: Sydney is ranked at number 83 on the ARWU world university ranking system which is number 4 in Australia.
- US News Rankings: Sydney is ranked at number 34 on the US News world university ranking system which is number 2 in Australia.
- CWUR Center for World University Rankings: Sydney is ranked at number 74 on the CWUR Center for World University Rankings system which is number 1 in Australia.
- Times Asia/Pacific Rankings: Sydney is ranked at number 11 on the Times Asia/Pacific ranking system which is number 4 in Australia.
- QS Graduate Employability Rankings: Sydney is ranked at number 4 on the QS Graduate Employability ranking system which is number 1 in Australia.
- Australian Rankings
- Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) Ranking: Sydney is ranked at number 2 on the domestic ERA ranking system (2012)
- AEN 5 Star Ranking: Sydney is rated a 5 Star university on the overall AEN 5 Star Ranking System
From the inner city of Sydney to the Great Barrier Reef, It has teachers, researchers and students based all over Australia.
- Camperdown/Darlington Campus: The biggest campus is 72 hectares of state-of-the-art teaching and learning technology.
- Cumberland Campus: Located in Lidcombe, the heart of Sydney’s sprawling greater west, Cumberland campus is home to the Faculty of Health Sciences.
- Camden Campus: Camden is in the Sydney metropolis and part of the growth area in Sydney’s south western suburbs.
- Mallett Street Campus: It is located in Camperdown just a short walk from the main Camperdown/Darlington Campus.
- Rozelle Campus: The visual arts college is based on scenic Rozelle campus, a beautiful collection of sandstone buildings set on spacious, green grounds near the harbourside
- Sydney Conservatorium of Music: Located in the Royal Botanic Gardens near the Sydney Opera House, ‘The Con’ is a world-leading music school boasting five concert halls, recording studios, and performance spaces featuring the latest in acoustic technology.
For more information contact nearest Global Knowledge Works Branch
Following might help you as well.