Express entry, the new Canadian immigration selection system,ventures to make the immigration process simple and lucid for candidates.
Express entry is not an immigration program in itself, but rather a system used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada( IRCC) to select candidatesb for immigration to Canada using following economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker class
- Federal Skilled Trades Class
- Canadian Experience Class
- A portion of the Provincial Nominee Programs
The Express Entry Process
- Eligibility: The candidates can determine whether or not they are eligible to enter the Express Entry Pool by completing the free CanadaVisa assessment form.
If the candidate is eligible, they can move to next step in progress.
If the candidate is not currently eligible, they can try to become eligible by improving their core human capital factors in various fields. Becoming eligible for one of the federal economic immigration programs is the first step towards immigrating to Canada through Express Entry.
- Complete an online Express Entry profile: Candidates for Canadian permanent residence who are eligible for one of the federal economic immigration programs make an utterance of interest in immigrating to Canada by creating an online profile. They furnish information about their skills, work experience, language ability, education, and other personal information.
Candidates who satisfy the criteria of one of the aforesaid federal economic immigration programs are placed in a pool of candidates who are ranked according to a Comprehensive Ranking System. If a candidate does not already have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer or a provincial nomination, he or she may register with Canada’s Job Bank. Heretofore June 6, 2017, registration in Canada’s Job Bank is no longer mandatory. However, registering in the Job Bank may improve a candidate’s visibility to Canadian employers.
- Improve your profile and ranking: Candidates in the Express Entry pool are ranked according to the Comprehensive Ranking System, which ranks candidates under the following components:
- core human capital factors;
- accompanying spouse or common-law partner factors, if applicable;
- skill transferability factors; and
- factors relating to a provincial nomination, qualifying offer of arranged employment, Canadian study experience, a sibling in Canada, and/or French language ability.
There is a total of 1,200 points available under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).The Government of Canada selects candidates from the Express Entry pool according to their ranking. Therefore, it is in a candidate’s best interests to strive to outdo his or her ranking in the Express Entry pool in order to amplify his or her chances of receiving an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence.
- Receive an Invitation to Apply and submit your application for permanent residence: The government of Canada and provincial Governments, as well as Canadian employers, are able to select new immigrants from the Express Entry pool.
The highest-ranked candidates (i.e. candidates considered to have the best chances for economic success in Canada), and those with well grounded job offers or provincial nominations, are then invited to apply for Canadian permanent residence. From this point, candidates have 90 days to submit an electronic application for permanent residence. IRCC intend to process applications within six months of the date of submission.
Candidates must certain that they complete all necessary forms and submit all supporting documents within this timeframe. On completion of the process, successful candidates and their dependents (spouse and children) will land in Canada as permanent residents.Candidates in the Express Entry pool who do not receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence in Canada after 12 months may resubmit their profile and re-enter the pool if they still meet the criteria of at least one of the economic immigration programs.
To prepare for Express Entry contact Global Knowledge Works branch
Following might help you as well.