McMaster University (commonly referred to as McMaster or Mac) is a public research university in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. It is a member of the U15, a group of research-intensive universities in Canada. The university is co-educational, and has over 25,000 undergraduate and over 4,000 post-graduate students.At McMaster, they are devoted to the cultivation of human potential. People are committed to taking a collaborative approach to improving people’s lives, contributing to global knowledge and advancing the health and well-being of the world around the populace.
The university offers programs in the fields of Advanced Neonatal Nursing, Anthropology, Astrobiology, Biomedical Sciences, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Business Administration, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Classics, Clinical Behavioural Sciences, Cognitive Science of Language, Communication Management, Computing and Software, Economics, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Engineering Design, English, Finance, French, Geography, Global Health, Globalization, Health and Society, Health Management, History, International Relations, Kinesiology, Labour Studies, Manufacturing Engineering, Materials Engineering, Neuroscience, Nursing, Philosophy, Physiotherapy, Social Work, Sociology, Software Engineering etc.
McMaster University has consistently been ranked one of Canada’s top universities.
- In the 2018 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) rankings, the university ranked 84th in the world and fourth-highest in Canada.
- The 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings placed McMaster 77th in the world, and fourth in Canada.
- The 2019 QS World University Rankings ranked the university 146th in the world and fifth in Canada.
- In U.S. News & World Report 2019 global university rankings, the university placed 130th, and fourth in Canada.
- In Maclean’s 2019 rankings, McMaster placed 4th in both their Medical-Doctoral university category, and in their reputation ranking for Canadian universities.
- McMaster also placed in a number of rankings that evaluated the employment prospects of graduates.
McMaster University is in the city of Hamilton, Ontario, in the Golden Horseshoe along the western end of Lake Ontario. While the main campus is 152.4 hectares (377 acres), most of the teaching facilities are centered within the core 12.1 hectares (30 acres). In addition to its main campus in Hamilton, McMaster owns several other properties around Hamilton, as well as in Burlington, Kitchener, and St. Catharines, Ontario.The university owns and manages 58 buildings, both on and off campus.
For more details contact your nearest Global Knowledge Works Branch