University of Newcastle stands as a global leader distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence and to creating a better future for its regions through a focus on innovation and impact. Newcastle University is a red brick university and is a member of the Russell Group,an association of prestigious research-intensive UK universities. The university has one of the largest EU research portfolios in the UK. It has long been known as a champion of innovative approaches to education. They strive for a dynamic teaching culture that delivers world-class educational outcomes. As competition for the best and brightest students increases, the long history of offering innovative, problem-based learning across the programs means they are poised to meet the education challenge.The University of Newcastle is a leader in university education, with a reputation for high quality teaching and learning and exciting, contemporary academic programs.
The university offers undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses in the area of Accounting and Finance, Agriculture, Ancient History, Animal Science, Archeology, Architecture, Biochemistry, Biology and Zoology, Biomedical and Biomolecular Science, Business Management, Chemistry, Classics and Ancient History, Computer Science, Dentistry, Earth Science, Economics, Education, Engineering, Environmental and rural studies, Excercise, Genetics, Geography, Journalism, Law, Linguistics, Marine Technology, Marketing, Medicine, Music, Nutrition and Food, Pharmacy, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Sociology, Urban Planning, Zoology.
- World Ranking
- World Rankings Overview : University of Newcastle is the number 10 ranked Australian university overall on the world university ranking systems
- QS World Rankings: Newcastle is ranked at number =224 on the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) world ranking system which is number 10 in Australia.
- THE Times World Rankings: Newcastle is ranked at number 251+ on the Times Higher Education world university ranking system which is number =13 in Australia.
- Academic Rankings World Universities (ARWU) Rankings: Newcastle is ranked at number 301+ on the ARWU world university ranking system which is number =15 in Australia.
- US News Rankings: Newcastle is ranked at number 290= on the US News world university ranking system which is number 16= in Australia.
- CWUR Center for World University Rankings: Newcastle is ranked at number 458 on the CWUR Center for World University Rankings system which is number 11 in Australia.
- Times Asia/Pacific Rankings: Newcastle is ranked at number 35 on the Times Asia/Pacific ranking system which is number 11 in Australia.
- QS Graduate Employability Rankings: Newcastle is ranked at number 301+ on the QS Graduate Employability ranking system which is number =16 in Australia.
- Australian Rankings
- Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) Ranking: Newcastle is ranked at number 13= on the domestic ERA ranking system (2012)
- AEN 5 Star Ranking: Newcastle is rated a 4 Star university on the overall AEN 5 Star Ranking System
With campuses in Newcastle, London, Singapore and Malaysia, Newcastle University has a global reach.
- Newcastle: The University of Newcastle’s main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches.
- Central Coast: Situated just two minutes from the M1 Pacific Motorway, UON Central Coast is conveniently located and provides a range of flexible courses to suit a busy, modern lifestyle.
- Sydney: The University of Newcastle Sydney Campus is located in brand new, purpose-built premises on Elizabeth Street.
- Port Macquarie: The University of Newcastle and TAFE NSW – North Coast Institute share the Port Macquarie campus.
- Singapore: Celebrated as one of Asia’s most advanced education, research and innovation hubs, Singapore has been the ideal location for the delivery of the University of Newcastle’s programs in the region since 2002. Our strategic location is even more relevant today with the rise of Asia.
For more information contact your nearest Global Knowledge Works Branch