The Tbilisi Open Teaching University (TOU) is a Georgian Semi-Private research university. It was established in 2002. This University is located in Tbilisi.
Tbilisi Open Teaching University is one of the best medical colleges in Georgia to study the MD program. TOU always take efforts to build the notable educational center in Georgia and to ensure the implementation of international education standards in teaching and research. It has many highly qualified professors and top infrastructure. It also provides modern academic programs, and thus TOU can offer an excellent educational and research environment to the students.
Tbilisi Open Teaching University – Quick Highlights
|Last Date to Apply||September 2020|
|Basic Eligibility||60% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|MBBS Course Fee||Rs.3.15 Lakhs/Year|
|Course Duration||5 years|
|Medium of Education||English|
|University Ranking||Country Rank – 27
World Rank – 10211
|University Recognition||MCI, WHO & FAIMER Approved|
Tbilisi Open Teaching University – Benefits
Pursuing medicine at Tbilisi Open Teaching University is highly effective and internationally recognized. The benefits of opting for an MD/MBBS education here are:
- Tbilisi Open Teaching University is one of the fastest-growing universities in Georgia.
- Students studying here can enjoy a diverse student-centered environment and top-quality education.
- Tbilisi Open Teaching University is listed in the Medical Council of India (MCI), WHO, and thus it is recognized globally.
- Students can take advantage of student exchange programs in the USA, Europe, Canada, and Australia.
- The duration of the MBBS program at Tbilisi Open Teaching University is only 5 years.
- The language of instruction is compulsory English.
- Separate hostels are available for boys and girls with the facility of Indian mess.
- The university also gives preparatory coaching for the MCI test.
- The fee structure and the cost of living at the Tbilisi Open Teaching University is the most affordable.
Tbilisi Open Teaching University – MBBS Fee Structure
|Fee Structure||Annual Fee|
|Fee in USD (approx)||$ 4500|
|Fee in Indian Rupees (approx)||Rs.3,15,000|
|Hostel & Food in Rupees (approx)||Rs.1,75,000|
|Medical Insurance in Rupees (approx) (approx)||Rs.17,500|
- 1$= Rs.70
- Other overhead one time expenses (Registration charges etc.) can be extra up to Rs.70,000/- (approximately).
Tbilisi Open Teaching University – MBBS Duration
- MBBS program at Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia is for a total duration of 6 years. The university has 360 credits in teaching out of which 60 credits are divided per year. Students can apply for the USMLE exam to practice abroad after completing the 6 years of the medical course.
- 5 years of the degree are dedicated to the paramedical & premedical phase while the final year consists of 1 year internships in affiliated hospitals.
Tbilisi Open Teaching University – MBBS Syllabus
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Anatomy||Histology and Anatomy|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
Fourth & Fifth Year
|General Surgery, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Gynecology, ENT, Neurology, Emergency Medicine, Psychology, and Cardiology.|
- The candidate must be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date in which the admission is being taken.
- The candidate should be a high-school graduate or he/she must hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The applicant should have secured at least 60% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2 and 40% if the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC
- The applicant must clear the NEET exam as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
- It is mandatory for the applicants to clear both IELTS and TOEFL exams
Admission Process in Tbilisi Open Teaching University
The admissions at Tbilisi Open Teaching University are based on merit.
- Step 1 : Students should fill in the Application Form.
- Step 2 : They should send the filled-in Application together with the copies of the documents, necessary for the acquisition of the student’s status.
- Step 3 : After receiving the application, TOU will conduct a Skype interview with the applicant, to confirm that the potential students meet all the necessary admission requirements and then they will send a conditional offer letter.
- Step 4 : The applicant should pay the initial tuition fee, after receiving a conditional offer letter. TOU will send a Fee Acknowledgement letter after this.
- Step 5 : Students should then fulfill the necessary procedures for granting student visas.
The documents given below are mandatory for applying for an MBBS course at Tbilisi Open Teaching University.
- Birth Certificate (In English)
- 10th (SSLC) Mark sheet and Certificates
- 11th & 12th Mark sheet and Certificates
- Original Passport (With minimum validity of 2 years)
- NEET Score Card
- An affidavit from the guardian/ parent
- Bank statement of guardian/parent for the last 6 months having a minimum balance of 3.00 Lakhs in their respective accounts.
Tbilisi Open Teaching University – Ranking
According to uniRank ranking system, the Tbilisi Open Teaching University has an annual enrollment range of up to 2500- 5000 students for the medical course:
Medium of Teaching
Unified medical exams are conducted in English language at Tbilisi Open Teaching University:
- English is the commonly taught language at Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia.
- The university provides an excellent learning environment right from visual learning to program development. With an excellent study environment, international students will get exposure to drive the value to their education.
- Students pursuing an MBBS at Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia will get a globally recognized degree as “Medical Doctor”.
- The open teaching facility of the institute includes 18 bachelor’s, Masters & doctoral programs in Georgian & English language.
Facilities Provided by Tbilisi Open Teaching University
- The University has science labs.
- United Nations Organization (UN)
- The university provides subject-specific classrooms to its students that are equipped with the latest teaching technology.
- The university has student workspaces, conference rooms and simulation labs.
- Tbilisi Open Teaching University consists of a library of the highest standards with access to the high impact publications that give students and faculty access to any kind of literature they wish both on and off-campus.
- At Tbilisi Open Teaching University, there are various Student Clubs that offer anything from sports to literature and numerous ongoing events and activities.
- The University has state of the art dental clinic and an affiliated hospital.
- The university also provides a 24 hour Wi-Fi facility to its students.
- Tbilisi Open Teaching University has an auditorium and a cafeteria.
- Sports and gym facilities are also provided to the students.
Accreditation & Recognitions
Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia has received a 5-year of accreditation from the Ministry of Science and Education Georgia, since 2013.
The university is accredited & recognized by,
- Medical Council of India
- MedicalWorld Health Organization
- MedicalEducational Program Crediton Board
Hostel & Accommodation at Tbilisi Open Teaching University is provided based on first come first serve:
- Separate hostel accommodation facility is provided for boys and girls at Tbilisi Open Teaching University.
- All the Indian and International Students studying MBBS at Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia can enjoy both veg and non-veg food at the Indian mess available at the university campus.
- To take care of the Indian students, an Indian warden is specifically employed.
- A 24-hour wi-fi facility is available for students.
Cost of Living
Cost expenses in Tbilisi, Georgia is mentioned below:
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.1400-Rs.1500|
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.20 – Rs.415|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs.13 to Rs.15|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs.750|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||Cost between Rs.14000-Rs.25,000|
*Note: 1$ = 70 Rs.
Student’s Life at Tbilisi Open Teaching University
Students at Tbilisi Open Teaching University experience wonderful things while acquiring quality education:
- Students who join Tbilisi Open Teaching University become a part of a strong residential community based on student self-governance, an experience that builds knowledge, character, and independence.
- In self-governance, they get specific freedom to develop their own talents
- This self-governance prepares students for global citizenship and in turn, this makes the TOU undergraduate experience unique.
- The University also provides support and guidance to the students.
- Students can opt for any one of the students’ clubs or events organized by the University.
- TOU has a Literature Club that provides opportunities for students to share their writing discuss literary works and books and attend various events related to literature and creative writing.
- Tbilisi Open Teaching University also has a Discussion club that offers many opportunities for students to master their speech and check their ability to present in front of a big audience.
- It has a sports club. It is open to all TOU students and has Football, Volleyball, and Basketball teams that compete at all levels including local, regional, and national levels.