Common Law Admission Test stands for CLAT. To get into law courses for UG and PG courses students have to give a exam that is CLAT, it is a nation level entrance exam. 22 NULs and many private colleges or universities who accept students on the basis of exam score. For recruitment purposes some public organizations like ONGC and BHEL give importance to the CLAT scores. More than 50,000 students every year register themselves for CLAT exam.
CLAT question paper for UG courses consist of 150 comprehension-based MCQs questions from five subjects including English Language, Current Affairs including General Knowledge, Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Techniques and for the CLAT PG question paper there are objective questions of many law subjects Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence, Administrative Law, Criminal Law, Company Law, Law of Contract, etc.
CLAT conducting body:
CLAT was conducted by NLUs till 2018 on a rotation basis but from 2019 CLAT is been conducted by The Consortium of NLUs, which is a permanent body formed by the universities. The headquarters for The Consortium of NLUs is in NLSIU Bangalore and it consists of An Executive Committee, The CLAT Convenor of the last year, The CLAT Convenor of the following year and Two co-opted Vice-Chancellors of NLU.
CLAT Highlights for the students
|Exam Name||Common Law Admission Test|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Test Takers||Approx. 59,000|
|Accepting Colleges||127 colleges|
Changes in CLAT 2021:
Here is some of the new changes which has been introduced in CLAT 2021:
- CLAT LLM pattern: The Consortium of CLAT had removed the descriptive section from exam question paper. Now all the PG students will have to attempt 120 questions in 2 hours.
- CLAT exam center facilities: now students will get an option to choose the exam center which is near them. This is said to be soon start by The CLAT Consortium.
Eligibility for CLAT
For UG courses:
- Students have to pass class 12th from a recognized board or an equivalent examination from nation/state board.
- Students who fall under the category of General/OBC/Specially-abled category will have to score at least 45% in their class 12th and 40% marks if they belong to SC, ST category.
- As per Bar Council of India (BCI) now there is no upper age limit to apply for CLAT.
For PG course:
- Students must have a LLB degree from a recognized university.
- Students who fall under the category of General/OBC/Specially-abled category will have to score at least 50% and 45% marks if they belong to SC, ST category.
- No upper age limit.
The CLAT 2021 will be an Offline paper as a pen-and-paper based test. Students will however be given a chance to change their exam centers if they want to after the application process.
Syllabus and Pattern for CLAT
Students who are going to give CLAT this year should prepare themselves so that you will be able to score great marks in the exam. Students should have to know the pattern of the exam and the syllabus, before starting a preparation plan. This will help you to focus your time on the main study and will narrow down your study materials.
In CLAT for the UG course there are total of 150 questions of 150 marks, with a duration of 2 hours. The question mostly come from comprehension-based and objective questions.
In CLAT pattern for LLM 2021 the question paper will contain both objective question from different law subjects. There will be 120 questions in the exam and the time given will be 120 minutes.
In CLAT for the UG course the questions are asked from overall 5 subjects which are English Language, Logical Reasoning, Legal Reasoning, Current Affairs including General Knowledge and Quantitative Techniques.
In CLAT LLM the questions are asked from Law Subjects such as Constitutional Law, Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR and Jurisprudence and more
CLAT Preparation tips:
- You should have to know the pattern and syllabus for CLAT UG course.
- Have a well-designed strategy for all the sections
- Select top CLAT books to study
- Improve you time management which will help you improve you writing speed for the quantative questions.
- Solve every CLAT mock tests as you can.
CLAT Preparation tips:
- For UG course admission:
- Analyse your strong and week areas from the question paper
- Make a plan of action
- Practice mock tests
- Revise you study materials
For English Section:
- Practice vocabulary, comprehensions, antonyms/synonyms, grammar, phrases and idioms
- Make reading the editorial section of the newspaper a regular habit.
- Practice grammar questions
For Current affairs:
- Read and note the latest news or event happing all over the world.
- Track legal judgements
- For GK, track the History, Art and the Culture subjects
For Legal reasoning:
- Improve your reading skills.
- Start reading more about the legal issues
- Legal reasoning is very important to know
- While practicing, do not let your biases or previous knowledge of law affect your answer. Remember that the answer of the question is present in the given passage only.
- Get you basics clear
- Important topic to be given time are- Basic Algebra, Ratios and Proportions, Mensuration and Statistics
- To save time learn quick shortcuts
CLAT preparation for PG Course:
- Know the syllabus and pattern clear to yourself
- Know the important static and active legal judgement
- You should have a complete knowledge about the constitutional and legislative provisions.
CLAT 2021 Exam centres:
The CLAT entrance exam is conducted in over 67 cities in India and in each city multiple exam centres are present for the students depending on the number of students appearing for the exam.
Here is the list of the city’s students can give preferences for:
|CLAT Exam Cities 2021|
Guidelines for CLAT Exam Day:
Students have to follow the given instructions to give the exam:
- Reach an hour before time
- Carrie the admit card for verification
- Students must have a HB pencil and 2 pens at least.
- No cheating material should be carried for the examination.
CLAT Admit card
The admit card will be available 2-3 weeks before the exam and will be on the official website. Students can follow these steps to download it –
- Visit the official website of the exam
- Click on the admit card link
- Login using registered mobile number and password
- Click on the Download Admit Card link on the dashboard
- Download, save and print the CLAT admit card
CLAT registration process:
Now the application process has ended on June 15. Now candidates could pay the registration fee through online medium like net banking, debit/credit card etc.
|Category||CLAT Application Fee (in Rs)|
|CLAT previous years’ question papers||500|
CLAT Exam Analysis 2021:
CLAT 2021 test has not been conducted at this point. however, thinking about the earlier years, the trouble level of CLAT test is generally moderate. Additionally, since the CLAT design was changed last year, using time management was a task for applicants as responding to questions dependent on sections set took time.
CLAT Colleges, Courses & Seat Intake 2021
About all the National Law Universities (NLUs) in India apart from NLU Delhi gives admission offers for 5-year LLB courses and LLM courses based on CLAT scores.
|CLAT Courses||Seat Intake at NLUs|
|BA LLB (Hons) (Bachelor of Arts LLB Honours)||3,012|
|BSc LLB (Hons) (Bachelor of Science LLB Honours)|
|BCom LLB (Hons) (Bachelor of Commerce LLB Honours)|
|BBA LLB (Hons) (Bachelor of Business Administration LLB Honours)|
|BSW LLB (Bachelor of Social Work LLB Honours)|
|LLM (Master of Laws)||1,043|
Colleges accepting CLAT 2021 scores
Below is the list of participating colleges accepting CLAT Scores:
|CLAT participating National Law Universities (NLUs)|
|National Law School of India University, Bangalore||National Academy of Legal Study & Research (NALSAR) University of Law, Hyderabad|
|The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata||National Law Institute University, Bhopal|
|National Law University, Jodhpur||Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur|
|Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar||Dr Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow|
|Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala||Chanakya National Law University Patna|
|National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi||National Law University Odisha, Cuttack|
|National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi||National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam|
|Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU) Visakhapatnam||The Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirapalli|
|Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai||Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur|
|Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad||Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla|
|Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur||Dr B R Ambedkar National Law University Sonipat, Haryana|
CLAT Cut-off 2021:
The cut-off list for CLAT 2021 will be released after some days of the examination.
Factors that are taken into consideration while deciding the CLAT cut-off such as:
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Number of students appeared
- Number of students qualified
- Total seats to offer.
PERSONAL COACHING FOR CLAT
GKWORKS as part of its personal coaching division offers 1 to 4 coaching for CLAT. Our expert teachers teach students in batch size of 4 so that full attention is given to students. The course duration is ideally one year. For more details, contact your nearest GKWORKS branch, For more information, You can contact us at email@example.com or call 9643362320 to Schedule an appointment or Contact your nearest branch now
GUARANTEE SEAT IN Top 10 law Schools of India
We have a special program for Guarantee Seat in Top 10 law Schools of India .For more information, You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9643362320 to Schedule an appointment or Contact your nearest branch now
For more information click the following.