The University of Wollongong (UOW) has become a benchmark for Australia’s new generation of universities. It is ranked among the best 20 modern universities in the world and has built a reputation as an enterprising institution, with a multi-disciplinary approach to research and a personalised approach to teaching.University of Wollongong is a research-intensive university with an outstanding reputation for its learning environments across a broad range of disciplines. It’s commitment to the students is evident in its graduates, who are recognised for their capability, quality and success in the global workplace.UOW is an international network of campuses and regional learning centres. Together with the partners, it make a strong and connected presence in the communities. It is a young and vibrant university with undiminished ambitions. It value the research capacity to work on complex interdisciplinary problems. The spirit of inquiry drives the research and learning environments and the objective of earning a place in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
The University Of Wollongong Australia offers over 400 undergraduate (bachelor) and postgraduate coursework and research degrees in the following areas:
- Arts and Humanities
- Communication and Media
- Creative Arts
- Health and Medicine
- Information and Communication Technology
- International Studies
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Public Health
- Social science
- Social work
- World Rankings
- World Rankings Overview: University of Wollongong is the number 12 ranked Australian university overall on the world university ranking systems
- QS World Rankings: Wollongong is ranked at number 232 on the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) world ranking system which is number 11 in Australia.
- THE Times World Rankings: Wollongong is ranked at number 251+ on the Times Higher Education world university ranking system which is number 13 in Australia.
- Academic Rankings World Universities (ARWU) Rankings: Wollongong is ranked at number 201+ on the ARWU world university ranking system which is number 11 in Australia.
- US News Rankings: Wollongong is ranked at number 290 on the US News world university ranking system which is number 16 in Australia.
- CWUR Center for World University Rankings: Wollongong is ranked at number 436 on the CWUR Center for World University Rankings system which is number 10 in Australia.
- Times Universities Under 50 Years: Wollongong is ranked at number 30 on the TImes Higher Education best world universities under 50 years of age which is number 3 in Australia.
- QS Universities Under 50 Years Old: Wollongong is ranked at number 17 on the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) universities under 50 years old ranking system which is number 2 in Australia.
- Times Asia/Pacific Rankings: Wollongong is ranked at number 40 on the Times Asia/Pacific ranking system which is number 15 in Australia.
- QS Graduate Employability Rankings: Wollongong is ranked at number 181+ on the QS Graduate Employability ranking system which is number 13 in Australia.
- Australian Rankings
- Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) Ranking: Wollongong is ranked at number 9 on the domestic ERA ranking system (2012)
- AEN 5 Star Ranking: Wollongong is rated a 4 Star university on the overall AEN 5 Star Ranking System
The University of Wollongong comprises nine campuses in Australia.
- The Wollongong campus, as the university’s main campus, is located on the New South Wales coast, 3 km from the centre of Wollongong and 80 km south of Sydney.
- South Western Sydney (Liverpoo) : In 2016 The University of Wollongong expanded to the growing South West Sydney region, with a campus in the Liverpool CBD taking its first cohort of students in 2017.
- Regional campuses are :
- Batemans Bay, New South Wales
- Bega, New South Wales
- Southern Sydney (Loftus), New South Wales
- Shoalhaven, New South Wales
- Southern Highlands (Moss Vale), New South Wales
- The University of Wollongong in Dubai (commonly referred to as the University of Wollongong Dubai Campus), abbreviated as UOWD, was established by the University of Wollongong in Australia in 1993 and is located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The university is one of the United Arab Emirates’ oldest universities.
For more details contact your nearest Global Knowledge Works Branch
Following might help you as well.