MBBS FROM INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL COLLEGE
International Medical College, in Bangladesh is a private coeducational institution, established in 2000, under the permission of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
This 19 years old higher education institution has a selective admission policy, with over 748 students, of which 206 are from different countries around the world, selected on the basis of merit and medical fitness.
Ranking of International Medical College
• Country rank is 8
• Recognised by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC)
• Affiliated with Dhaka University
Location of International Medical College
International Medical College is just 22 km away from the capital city of Dhaka, on the outskirts of the commercial town of Tongi, situated besides vegetation, villages and water bodies. The bus terminals, railways stations and Airport are just within 30 minutes, it is easily accessible by all means of transportation and has all the basic amenities within the reach of the students.
Faculty of International Medical College
The institution has a faculty strength of 104 members comprising of a distinguished academicians with proven teaching and research excellence.
The duration of the MBBS course offered is 5 years, followed by one year of compulsory rotatory internship training.
The subjects for the MBBS course are:
Pre-clinical subjects: Anatomy, Physiology, and Biochemistry.
Para-clinical subjects: Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Pharmacology, Pathology and Microbiology.
Clinical subjects: Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Medicine, Surgery and their allied subjects.
Apart from Medicine, the University also renders programs like, B. Sc Nursing, Post basic B. Sc Nursing, B. Sc Health Technology, etc.
Advantages of studying in International Medical College
• The University offers high quality education at unmatched world standards and other facilities made available at affordable tuition fees.
• The University has an experienced panel of lecturers and staff who are masters in their own fields, to impart world class education to the young minds.
• The University allows Evidence based practice of Medicine and has well-equipped standard laboratories with hands on experience, clinical laboratory with imaging services with a variety of test options.
• Other premium facilities include classrooms with overhead projectors, multimedia projectors and audio visual equipments, dissection halls, basic science and skills laboratories, museums and the IMC Central library, with a large collection of books and reading area, internet, etc.
• The institution has a huge fully automated/computerized library & customized software with large collection of text and reference books, monographs and journals. It has reading room and WiFi facilities.
• The college provides English language courses, conducted by the faculty members from Kean University, New Jersey, to fulfil the prerequisite English for Health Professionals.
• The International Medical College Hospital (IMCH), the academic hospital of IMC, has over 650 beds, viable for people of all financial backgrounds, which facilitates vast opportunities for students. This is also very close to the college.
• The University aims at holistic development of students via modern researches and methods by moulding their scientific and research based educational activities. The teaching is carried out by lectures, clinical demonstrations, tutorials and practical ward demonstration, seminars, symposiums, workshops, field visits and residential field site training (RFST), demonstration and autopsy. Academic progress is reported regularly and sent to guardians.
• The University promotes and nurtures extra curricular activities in students and offers activities like, sports, cultural functions, annual picnic, debate competitions and other entertainment events.
• The college provides transit facilities to the college from several pick up points in the city. The hostel students are also given the privilege of transportation to the city twice a month for shopping.
• The institution offers accommodation facilities for it’s students in fully furnished hostels within walkable distance from the college, offering all standard facilities. The boys hostel is well within the campus, while the girls hostel is just beside the college building.
Fee Structure of International Medical College
Please contact your nearest GKWORKS branch
We hope you have a great career following your MBBS in Bangladesh. For more information about MBBS in Bangladesh, click below
For Other Countries Check Below Links:
Following might help you as well