MBBS from Barind Medical College
Barind Medical College, in Bangladesh is a for-profit higher education institution for Medicine and Nursing, established in 2011. With an intake of over 450 students, of which about 87 are international students, shortlisted on the basis of a selective admission policy, with the eligibility decided by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), based on the cut off in the admission test conducted by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and medical fitness.
Ranking of Barind Medical College
• Country rank is 6 among private colleges
• Approved by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh
• Affiliated by Rajshahi University
• Accredited by Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BM&DC)
• Enlisted in World Directory of Medical School, World Federation for Medical Education (WPME) & Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), formerly by World Health Organization
Location of Barind Medical College
The Barind Medical College, along with the hospital is situated in the Rajshahi city, the educational centre of Bangladesh, 252 km north west of Dhaka.
Being a students’ city, it all the basic amenities within the reach of the students.
It is well connected and is easily accessible by all means of transportation.
Faculty of Barind Medical College
The college has a faculty strength of 90, among whom are 27 Professors, 14 Associate Professors and 12 Assistant Professors , and 37 Lecturers, presiding over the following departments:
• Department of the Anatomy
• Department of the Physiology
• Department of the Biochemistry
• Department of the Community Medicine
• Department of the Pharmacology
• Department of the Forensic Medicine
• Department of the Pathology
• Department of the Microbiology
• Department of the Medicine
• Department of the Surgery
• Department of the Gynae & Obs.
• Department of the Paediatrics
• Department of the Paediatric Surgery
• Department of the Orthopaedic Surgery
• Department of the E.N.T.
• Department of the Anaesthesiology
• Department of the Radiology & Imaging
• Department of the Cardiology
• Department of the Dermatology
• Department of the Ophthalmology
• Department of the Psychiatry
• Department of the Urology
• Department of the Oncology
• Department of the Transfusion Medicine
• Department of the Dental Unit
The Barind Medical College renders many programs like MBBS and other diploma programs like Nursing Sciences and Midwifery, with a course duration of 3 years.
The duration of MBBS course is 5 years, in four phase followed by a year of compulsory internship.
Advantages of studying in Barind Medical College
• The University charges affordable tuition fees, without compromising the high quality education at world standards and other facilities made available for the students.
• The students can also avail scholarships as a tuition fee waiver according to certain conditions.
• The University has an experienced and dedicated faculty and staff strength, who have proven expertise in academic, clinical and research areas, to impart world class education to the young minds.
• The college has a Teacher Student ratio of 1:5, which is optimum for ensuring individual attention for students and better student teacher relationship.
• Each student is associated with a mentor, right from the first year to assist him/her in academic as well as personal problems.
• The college has premium world class facilities, with spacious lecture Gallery & halls, 8 well equipped laboratories, sufficient number of tutorial room for small groups, discussion room and a well built dissection hall with number of Cadavers for dissection & demonstration, resourceful library with computer, internet facilities and large collection of Medical literature, museum, Medical Education Unit(MEU), students’ common room, cafeteria and other digital amenities like Wi-Fi facilities, Digital smart classroom, Informative website, Hospital ERP.
• There are also arrangements for clinical classes and learning process in indoor, outdoor and emergency department in the hospital, which facilitates in the development of their professional skillset.
• The University promotes and nurtures extra curricular activities in students and conducts yearly sports and cultural programs.
• The college provides transportation facilities for students and patients.
• The college offers accommodation facilities for the students in fully furnished hostels, within the walking distance of the college campus, offering all standard and modern facilities.
Fee Structure of Barind Medical College
Please contact your nearest GKWORKS branch
We hope you have a great career following your MBBS in Bangladesh. For more information about MBBS in Bangladesh, click below
For Other Countries Check Below Links: