For more than 100 years, Victoria University (VU) has offered accessible education to students in Melbourne’s west and beyond. It aim to continue creating positive outcomes for education, industry and our community into the future. It is one of Australia’s most industry-connected institutions, and are one of the top 2% universities in the world. Students get to learn from leading industry professionals who combine theory with practice to prepare youl for your career from day one. Victoria Polytechnic is the TAFE division of Victoria University. It offers National Training Package qualifications in construction, engineering and machining, hairdressing, hospitality, and make-up. These courses include skills development for pre-apprentices, apprentices, trainees, and current workers, as well as tailored workforce development for enterprises, both nationally and internationally.
VU has many courses to choose from at undergraduate and postgraduate level from the fields of Arts, Business, Computers and IT, Education, Engineering and Science, Health and Biomedicine, Law and Justice, Sports and exercise, Trades.
There are many ways in which one can start their education journey at VU. The various pathway are available in the fields of Arts, Business, Education, Engineering and Science, Health and Biomedicine, Law and Justice, Sports and Excercise Science,
- World Rankings
- World Rankings Overview: Victoria University is the number 33 ranked Australian university overall on the world university ranking systems
- QS World Rankings: VicUni is ranked at number 701+ on the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) world ranking system which is number 30 in Australia.
- THE Times World Rankings: VicUni is ranked at number 301+ on the Times Higher Education world university ranking system which is number 17 in Australia.
- US News Rankings: VicUni is ranked at number 643 on the US News world university ranking system which is number 26 in Australia.
- Times Universities Under 50 Years: VicUni is ranked at number 56 on the TImes Higher Education best world universities under 50 years of age which is number 9 in Australia.
- Times Asia/Pacific Rankings: VicUni is ranked at number 55 on the Times Asia/Pacific ranking system which is number 20 in Australia.
- Australian Rankings
- Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) Ranking: VicUni is ranked at number 29 on the domestic ERA ranking system (2012)
- AEN 5 Star Ranking: VicUni is rated a 3 1/2 Star university on the overall AEN 5 Star Ranking System
Victoria University has campuses across Melbourne’s CBD and western suburbs. International students can also choose to study at VU Sydney, VU India or partner institutions overseas.
- City Flinders campus: The City Flinders Campus is a modern building in the centre of Melbourne’s busy central business district (CBD). It also includes a convention centre.
- City Flinders Lane campus: The Campus is located next to the City Flinders Campus and is set amongst Melbourne’s famous arcades and laneways.
- City King campus: The campus is close to Southern Cross Station (external link) – Melbourne’s major railway station and transport hub.
- City Queen campus: The Campus is made up of two main heritage buildings in the heart of Melbourne’s legal precinct, and two smaller buildings.
- Footscray Nicholson campus: It is a few minutes walk from the Footscray train station and is a relaxed and friendly campus with an emphasis on TAFE courses.
- Footscray Park campus: The campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River and looks over Flemington Racecourse.
- St Albans campus: The Campus is a hub for health & nutrition research, boasting state-of-the-art research centres.
- Sunshine campus: It hosts the building and construction trade courses, a range of engineering courses and the Western Melbourne English Program (WMEP).
- Werribee campus: Located in the fastest growing area of Melbourne, the Werribee Campus is a part of a modern technology precinct.
- VU at MetroWest (Footscray): VU at MetroWest is a Victoria University facility in the heart of Footscray – part of VU’s commitment to Footscray as a University Town.
For more details contact your nearest Global Knowledge Works Branch