The University of Western Australia (UWA) is a public research university in the Australian state of Western Australia. The university’s main campus is in Perth, the state capital, with a secondary campus in Albany and various other facilities elsewhere.Ranked in the world’s Top 100 universities, UWA is the State’s first university and is committed to excellence in education, research and community engagement. The students learn from experts, gain practical and hands-on experience and develop critical skills for today’s rapidly changing society. The course structure is based on a global model and allows students to design an individual course of study to match career goals with their interests. UWA graduates consistently exceed the national average starting salary and State graduate employment rates.The University is renowned for its national heritage-listed, picturesque grounds and vibrant social, cultural and sporting life.
UWA degree courses offer breadth as well as depth, leading to many study and career options.
The undergraduate and postgraduate courses are available in the fields of Arts, Accounting, Commerce, Science, Biomedical Science, Philosophy, Design, Neuroscience, Computer Science, Economics, Marketing, Excercise and Health, Finance, Botany, Geology, Zoology, Management etc.
Honours degree are offered in the field of Arts, Biomedical Science, Commerce and Science.
Graduate-entry diplomas are available to students in the area of Arts, Science and Design who already have a bachelor’s degree.
- World Rankings
- World Rankings Overview: University of Western Australia is the number 7 ranked Australian university overall on the world university ranking systems
- QS World Rankings: UWA is ranked at number 93 on the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) world ranking system which is number 7 in Australia.
- THE Times World Rankings: UWA is ranked at number 111 on the Times Higher Education world university ranking system which is number 7 in Australia.
- Academic Rankings World Universities (ARWU) Rankings: UWA is ranked at number 91 on the ARWU world university ranking system which is number 5 in Australia.
- US News Rankings: UWA is ranked at number 88 on the US News world university ranking system which is number 7 in Australia.
- CWUR Center for World University Rankings: UWA is ranked at number 206 on the CWUR Center for World University Rankings system which is number 7 in Australia.
- Times Asia/Pacific Rankings: UWA is ranked at number 19 on the Times Asia/Pacific ranking system which is number 7 in Australia.
- QS Graduate Employability Rankings: UWA is ranked at number 141+ on the QS Graduate Employability ranking system which is number 11 in Australia.
- Australian Rankings
- Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) Ranking: UWA is ranked at number 6 on the domestic ERA ranking system (2012)
- AEN 5 Star Ranking: UWA is rated a 4 1/2 Star university on the overall AEN 5 Star Ranking System
The University has smaller centres at Claremont and Albany.
- Crawley Campus: Situated on the Swan River in Crawley, UWA is one of Australia’s most picturesque campuses.
- UWA Claremont: Just a few minutes from the main Crawley Campus is the University’s Claremont site.
- UWA Albany: UWA has a regional campus in the south-coast town of Albany – a four-and-half-hour drive from Perth
For more details contact your nearest Global Knowledge Works Branch