Institute of medicine-MAHARAJGUNJ MEDICAL COLLEGE
The Institute of Medicine (IOM) was established in 1972 under Tribhuvan University with the mandate and the responsibility of training all the categories of health manpower needed in the country. Within the first decade of its establishment, it developed a total of 12 campuses scattered over the country out of which 3 campuses were in Kathmandu and 9 campuses were outside the Kathmandu Valley.
MBBS at Institute of Medicine
Institute of Medicine is recognized by the Medical Council of India and the World Health Organization. The MBBS course at Institute of Medicine is of five and a half years. The medium of instruction for all foreign students at Institute of Medicine is English. The duration of internship at Institute of Medicine is one year.
Ranking of Institute of Medicine
Tribhuvan University, under which Institute of Medicine was established, has been ranked as follows:
Location of Institute of Medicine
Institute of Medicine is located in Kathmandu. Some of the tourist favorite places in Kathmandu are Thamel (for shopping, nightlife and backpacking), Pashupatinath Temple (a highly revered temple), Swayambhunath and the Kathmandu square. The people of Kathmandu are helpful towards the new entrants in the city.
NEAREST INDIAN BOARDER
IT IS 262 KM AWAY FROM RAXUAL BOARDER, BIHAR(BIRGUNJ BOARDER)
IT IS 268 KM AWAY FROM SONAULI BOARDER , UTTAR PRADESH (FROM GORAKHPUR)
THEIR ARE DIRECT BUS SERVICES FROM PATNA TO KATHMANDU
THEIR ARE DIRECT BUS SERVICES FROM DELHI TO KATHMANDU
THEIR ARE DIRECT BUS SERVICES UP TO KATHMANDU
FLIGHT SERVICES ARE ALSO AVAILABLE FROM DELHI TO KATHMANDU
FLIGHT SERVICES ARE ALSO AVAILABLE FROM BANARASHI TO UP-KATHMANDU
FLIGHT SERVICES ARE ALSO AVAILABLE FROM CALCUTTA TO WEST BENGAL-KATHMANDU
CAN ALSO GO BY PERSONAL CAR AS ROAD ACCESS IS AVAILABLE
Admission process for MBBS course in Institute of Medicine
In order to take admission in Institute of Medicine a student must have qualified the NEET exam. The students with a score of at least 50 % marks are eligible to study in Institute of Medicine. The subjects requisite to pursue MBBS at Institute of Medicine are Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
The documents required to take admission in Institute of Medicine are:
1. Health Certificate.
2. Photocopy of valid passport.
3. Passport sized photo.
4. High school academic transcript.
5. High school graduate certificate.
6. English proficiency test certificate.
Salient features about MBBS course at Institute of Medicine
A student has the following advantages of studying at Institute of Medicine:
- The MBBS course is taught in English to all students at Institute of Medicine.
2. Institute of Medicine is recognized by the Medical Council of India.
3. The student need not appear for any language entrance exams (like IELTS/TOEFL/ PTE) to get admission in MBBS in Institute of Medicine.
4. Indian students do no need Visa to study in Institute of Medicine.
5. The library at Institute of Medicine has a good collection of textbooks, reference books and journals to guide the students. Internet, photocopy, binding, and book repairing are available to the students in the library whenever they need any of them.
6. The cost of studying at Institute of Medicine is a lot less than that of Indian private colleges (with almost the same facilities as those provided in good private colleges in India).
7. Institute of Medicine organizes student exchange programs with many countries like- Japan, USA, Sweden, Australia and USA.
8. The people of Nepal have a very friendly relationship with Indian students.
Fee Structure for MBBS program at Institute of Medicine
Please contact your nearest GKWORKS branch
We hope you have a great future following your MBBS in Nepal
For Other Countries Check Below Links:
Following might help you as well.