American University of Barbados
American University of Barbados, School of Medicine aims to prepare its students to be global leaders in all aspects of health care. The noble profession of medicine has considerable demands and immeasurable rewards. Our goal is not simply to create ‘doctors’ but ‘medical scholars’ imbued with a lifelong desire for knowledge and service.
Studying medicine at American University of Barbados is a great opportunity which brings you close to the frontier of current scientific knowledge and sets you upon a path towards the noble profession of medicine within a unique model of medical education which we believe is second to none. In addition to rendering quality education, we endeavor to see our students grow academically, professionally and socially. These characteristics we believe will soon see American University of Barbados evolve as one of the most sought-after names in the field of medicine.
Our faculty and staff represents some of the finest to be found in any medical school and we pride ourselves on their commitment to teaching as well as their pre-eminence within their fields. Our US based medical curriculum is designed specifically to meet the licensing requirements in United States and other nations around the globe. The balanced student-faculty ratio allows for highly personalized discussions and interactions between students and professors. During the Clinical Science Program (Rotations)our students get the opportunity to participate in supervised patient care rotating through varies medical specialitis. They also attend Weekly Grand Round at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, during their Core Rotations in Internal Medicine, Surgery, Family Medicine and Pediatrics, which also include lectures, presentation and medical updates.
Globalization in healthcare is a reality. Magnetic resonance images taken in California are analyzed in Mumbai. A Specialist in Connecticut can ‘tele-mentor’ a student in Brazil. Our students come from diverse backgrounds with rich experiences that make up a truly cosmopolitan community of scholars at American University of Barbados. It gives the students an opportunity to have a global clinical experience and prepares them for residency and beyond. The global outreach of our faculty and administration ensures that our students have significant options for study and are welcomed to a group of opportunities without boundary. The American University of Barbados continually reviews opportunities to broaden the clinical exposure of our students in the United States and other countries. The School of Medicine serves as the launch pad to medical professionals and guides them in providing better health care thereby alleviating suffering from the communities around the world.
MBBS at American University of Barbados
American University of Barbados is recognized by the Medical Council of India and the World Health Organization. The MBBS course at American University of Barbados is of five years. The medium of instruction for all foreign students at American University of Barbados is English. The duration of internship at American University of Barbados is one year.
Ranking of American University of Barbados
American University of Barbados has been ranked as follows:
Location of American University of Barbados
Washington University of Barbados is located in Barbados. The people of Barbados are helpful towards the new entrants in the city. Some of the tourist friendly places in Barbados are Carlisle Bay for its marine bay park, Harrison’s Cave for its limestone cavern with streams and pools, Animal Flower Cave and Andromeda Gardens for amazing walks amid tropical trees and flowers.
Admission process for MBBS course in American University of Barbados
In order to take admission in American University of Barbados a student must have qualified the NEET exam. The students with a score of at least 60 % marks are eligible to study in American University of Barbados. The subjects requisite to pursue MBBS at American University of Barbados are Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
The documents required to take admission in American University of Barbados are:
1. Health Certificate.
2. Photocopy of valid passport.
3. Passport sized photo.
4. High school academic transcript.
5. High school graduate certificate.
6. English proficiency test certificate.
Visa for MBBS course at American University of Barbados
The documents required to obtain a visa to take admission in American University of Barbados are:
1. H-1 and H-2 application forms and application fee: Fill out an appropriate application form.
2. A copy of valid passport
3. 4 passport-size photographs
4. A copy of birth certificate
5. Educational certificates
6. Acceptance letter issued from the institution or university
7. Proof of the status of parents or guardians in Barbados: If the parent(s) or guardian live in Barbados, submit an evidence of their valid work permit
8. Proof of accommodation: It must be an agreement or accommodation letter from the landlord
9. Proof of financial resources
10. Letter of support (for persons under 18 years of age)
11. Criminal record certificate: A police certificate of character (PCC) from any country in which the student has lived for about 6 months or more after the age of 16
12. Parent’s consent evidence (if required)
Salient features about MBBS course at American University of Barbados
A student has the following advantages of studying at American University of Barbados:
1. The MBBS course is taught in English to all students at American University of Barbados.
2. American University of Barbados is recognized by the Medical Council of India and the World Health Organisation.
3. The student need not appear for any language entrance exams (like IELTS/TOEFL/ PTE) to get admission in MBBS in American University of Barbados.
4. The library at American University of Barbados has a good collection of textbooks, reference books and journals to guide the students. Internet, photocopy, binding, and book repairing are available to the students in the library whenever they need any of them.
5. The cost of studying at American University of Barbados is a lot less than that of Indian private colleges (with almost the same facilities as those provided in good private colleges in India).
Fee Structure for MBBS program at American University of Barbados
( Do check the date on file, that is the date of updation of fee. If the date is old than today, pls confirm latest fee with your branch counselor )
We hope you have a great future following your MBBS in American University of Barbados.
For more information, You can contact us at email@example.com or call 9643362320 to Schedule an appointment or Contact your nearest branch now