Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a standardized test being administered since 1988 to facilitate Business Schools (B-Schools) to screen candidates for admission to MBA and allied programmes. Govt. of India, Ministry of HRD approved MAT as a national level test in 2003. Any B-School – national or international – can consider MAT Score as an admission input based on the Score Cards issued to the candidates. The largest test of its kind in the nation, MAT will continue to be your passport to over 600 B-Schools across India.
Information to Candidates for February 2019 MAT
MAT is a special kind of test which offers you to send your score to 2 more Management Institutes in addition to 5 only if you opt for both Paper Based Test (PBT) and Computer Based Test (CBT). This offer can availed by paying an extra 1100/- in addition to 1550/-. Thus, you can select the best 7 institutes of your choice and send your scores to them. While registration, students are advised to upload a Scanned image of photograph (40 to 100 KB), signature (10 to 40 KB) and Credit/Debit Card details. 17th February, 2019 is the day scheduled for PBT while CBT is scheduled on 23rd February.
Last date for Online Registration is 8th February, 2019 (PBT) and 12th February, 2019 (CBT). Candidates can download their admit cards from 9th February, 2019 (PBT) and 19 February, 2019 (CBT). Be very careful while selecting test centres because Test cities are different for PBT and CBT. Ensure that your centre is near to your home or easy to travel!
While applying for an Institute, candidates must check whether MAT score is accepted for MBA admission or not! Numerous cases have come into light where students wasted their time/money by applying for those schools which are not included in the MAT e-bulletin and do not accept MAT score.
FINAL YEAR GRADUATE STUDENTS CAN ALSO APPLY!
Top colleges under MAT
1. IPE Hyderabad
2. Jaipuria institute of management Lucknow
3. NIT Warangal
4. MNIT Jaipur
5. TSM Madurai
6. XIME Bangalore
7. Amity Business School Noida
8. VIT Business School Vellore
9. BIMM Pune
10. IIHMR Jaipur
11. PSG institute of management Coimbatore
12. DMS , Pune University Pune
13. IISWBM Kolkata
14. Jaipuria institute of Management Noida
15. KIIT Bhubaneswar
16. Manipal University Manipal
17. PES University Bangalore
18. Bharti Vidyapeeth Pune
19. BIT Mesra
20. SIMSREE Mumbai
21. Tezpur University Tezpur
22. Acharya Business School Bangalore
23. Christ University Bangalore
24. IMS Ghaziabad
25. Jaypee Business School Noida
26. BIMTECH Noida
MAT Exam Pattern
MAT is a two and a half hours objective type choice test with the following format:-
• 200 MCQ with four options.
• Negative marking of 0.25 while 1 mark is gifted for correct response.
The test is structured into five sections as under:-
• Language Comprehension (40 Questions)
• Mathematical Skills (40 Questions)
• Data Analysis & Sufficiency (40 Questions)
• Intelligence & Critical Reasoning (40 Questions)
• Indian & Global Environment (40 Questions).