Procedure for Management Quota Seats in GGSIPU
According to the outlines in The Delhi Professional Colleges of Institutions (prohibitions of capitation fee regulation of admission, fixation of Non-Exploitative Fee and other measures to ensure equity and excellence) Act 2007‟ (Delhi Act 8 of 2007), Govt of NCT of Delhi, in all colleges, omitting the minority colleges or the unassisted colleges who have Surrendered Management Quota, for the academic Session of 2021-22 are subject to the outlines of this Act. 10% of the total seats in an unassisted college shall be allotted according to the management quota rule.
Under the plan/ Policy Section 8(2) a (ii) to (x) of the Delhi Professional Colleges of Institutions (Prohibition of Capitation Fee, Regulation of Admission, Fixation of Non-Exploitative Fee and Other Measures to Ensure Equity and Excellence) Act, 2007 and other rules according to the Act the recognized colleges shall follow the devised down method.
Allocation and 12. (1) In every institution, except the minority institution reservation of seats
- Subject to the provisions of this Act, ten percent of the total seats in an unaided institution shall be allocated as management seats.
- Eighty five percent of the total seats, except the management seats, shall be allocated for Delhi students and the remaining fifteen percent seats for the outside Delhi students or such other allocation as the Government may by notification in the official Gazette, direct;
- Supernumerary seats for non-resident Indians and any other category shall be as may be prescribed.
(2) In the seats mentioned in sub-section (1), an institution shall reserve-
- Seventeen percent seats for the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes Category, one percent seats for the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Tribes category and such percentage of seats, for any other category including Other Backward Classes as may be prescribed;
- For seats not mentioned as allocated for Delhi students in sub section (1), fifteen percent seats for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes category, seven and a half percent seats for the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Tribes category and such percentage of seats, for any other category as may be prescribed.
- Subject to clause (a) and clause (b) above, three percent seats for persons with disabilities as provided in the Persons with Disabilities
(Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 (1 of 1996), and, such percent of seats for the wards of defence personnel and any other category, as may be prescribed.
Manner of 13. An institution shall, subject to the provisions of this Act, make admission through admission a common entrance test to be conducted by the designated agency, in such manner, as may be prescribed;
Provided that the management seats may be advertised and filled up, from the candidates who have qualified the common entrance test, by the institution in a transparent manner based on the merit at the qualifying examination.
Some reservations in the management quota are made by the act. All institutions that include students in the management quota ensure compliance with the statutory constraints stated there. The Government of NCT of Delhi, Directorate of Higher Education, vide letter no. DHE-4(15)/2006-07/15461605 dated 14.06.2007 has announced the rules concerning saturating up of the 10% Management Seats in the study of the authorities given by section 23 of the Delhi Professional Colleges or Institutions (Prohibition of Capitation Fee, Regulation of Admission, Fixation of Non-Exploitative Fee and Other Measures to Ensure Equity and Excellence) Act, 2007, the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi. The corresponding is reflected below:-
- Allotment of Seats
(2) Every college except a minority college shall render for seats regarding management quota, children of defense personnel, disabled persons, and others in the way as detailed below:-
(a) Management Quota-
(i) A letter is written to the appointed agency by the secretary of the college or the head of the management. It should be mentioned in the letter that they have practices the steps as recommended in the Act and the rules are followed honestly by the college and no admission is given by unfair means. Along with the letter, there should be a list of candidates who are admitted through the management quota as per the rules laid down in the sub-clause (viii).
(ii)The institution declares the announcement of admission for the management fee items in at least two leading publications, one in Hindi and the other in English, and the announcement on the institution’s website and on the institution’s announcement board. The announcement of admission is announced for more than 10 days. The admission deadline for the particular degree course is advertised at the university and includes the essential information for students who want to get into the management quota. The place where the admission forms can be obtained, the date, time, and method of submitting the completed applications, and the sequence of the various admission and advisory procedures. Applicants have a minimum of eighteen days to appeal for positions under the management quota in the above method.
(iii) While determining the management seats, a fraction smaller than 0.7 shall be disregarded and beyond that turned into one complete seat.
(iv) Depending on the aggregate marks secured by qualified candidates at the entrance exam. A merit list should be published by the college on the official website and also on the notice board of the college. The list should be displayed for 2-days before it is removed and the admissions are closed. The guidelines for rank ordering of applications with a tie in the qualifying examination‟s aggregate marks shall be equal to those laid down in the admission advertisement or as laid down by the nominated authority.
(v) According to the merit list published, the responsible college should conduct their counseling process as per the declared merit list. During the counseling process of management quota admissions, the counseling process should not be of more than 2 rounds. The list of candidates who will be called for a given round of admission counseling shall be published on the institution‟s website and notice board, kept in a prominent place.
(vi) Subsequent qualifying the entrance exam, at the end of each round of the course, the list of applicants admitted to the management quota seats based on the list of merits drawn up in the preceding method and the remainder of the seats of the management quota for each course will be published. It would be declared on the website and will aslo be placed on the notice board. The list of candidates requested for the first round of consultation is advertised in the above form collectively with the list of the date, time and place of the consultation. , the time and place of the second consultation round as well as the list of candidates admitted to the first consultation round are advertised. It only start twelve hours after the list of applicants admitted to the first round of consultation and the allocation of seats rues stated.
(vii) The deadline for filling the application form for the management quota will be upto 9-days after the deadline of the regular forms.
(viii) All admissions done under the management quota seats shall be transient and will require confirmation by the accountable organization, which will bear its judgment within a day of being notified by the institution of the list of thriving candidates and the base of their preference as per procedure discussed earlier.
(ix)The affiliated institutions shall not be allowed to accept candidates against the management quota seats after the cut-off date determined as specified in sub-clause (vii) above.
(x) If any conflict occurs roughly the admission beneathneath the management quota seat(s), the particular agency or the Government, because the case may also be, shall have the overriding energy to charge guidance to the college which will be binding upon the organization concerned.
Thus, the affiliated institutions, those which are suitable for management quota seats and are desiring of filling the seats shall follow the following schedule for admissions in the management quota:
- Notice by the institution for management quota seats.
- Advertisement of announcement for management quota admission on the Institution website and notice board (notice should comprise of the disciplines, programs of studies, and the management quota seats open):
- Submission of the copies of the newspaper announcement and the website and notice board notices in this regard to the
University admission branch:
- Last date for applying for the seats.
- Presentation of the merit list made according to the qualifying examinations marks by the institution on the website and the
Notice board of the institution of all the applicants. And, submission of the merit list of all candidates to the Admission branch of the University:
- Date for the conduction of first counseling round.
- Presentation of opening by the institution for the second round of management quota admission on the institution website and the institution notice board. And, the submission of the such notice(s) to the Admission branch of the University :
- Second counseling by the institutions for the management quota seats:
- Submission of complete management quota seat admissions list and student files to the Admission Branch of the University by the institution together with all other documents required.
A letter is written to the appointed agency by the secretary of the college or the head of the management. It should be mentioned in the letter that they have practices the steps as recommended in the Act and the rules are followed honestly by the college and no admission is given by unfair means. Along with the letter, there should be a list of candidates who are admitted through the management quota as per the rules laid down in the sub-clause (viii). The deadline for filling the application form for the management quota will be upto 9-days after the deadline of the regular forms. All admissions made to the Management Quota seats by the Institutions shall be provisional till the University as designated agency ratifies the same.
The results of an applicant who wants to join the self-financed facilities of the university must be announced before the management merit quota is created; these results must be such that the applicant is eligible for the granting of the qualification entitled to admission. are admitted to the program and meet all the admission criteria stated in this admission brochure and have passed the joint admission test (or the national test as further education) required for a specific further education code / program.
Failure by any institution to follow the rules, procedures and schedule as prescribed shall lead to nonratification of management quota admissions of an institution by the University.
Important Note: It is compulsory for the candidates seeking admission through management quota to register with GGSIP University (through CET or National Level Test deemed as CET).
The affiliated college shall have to carry out Online Reporting of the candidates admitted through Management Quota on the same day of Admission by their respective college.
You might like following as well.