Pursuing an MBBS degree is a dream to many students in India. Parents, teachers and influential people in Indian society propose the children to study either engineering or medicine from childhood. In houses having two children, there are great chances that one will be an engineer and the other will be a doctor. This seems to be the aim of many the Indian parents. Despite the engineering seats having increased dramatically over the years, it is not the same with MBBS.
Have a look at the following stats to understand better:
- There are approximately 50,000 MBBS seats available all over in India whereas 10 lakh students appear in various All India and state level entrance tests every year.
- This means, every year, only 5% of the students aspiring to become a doctor will achieve their goals.
- There are a total of 335 medical colleges in India out of which 181 are private institutions and 154 are government run institutes.
- Most of the private institutes have a capitation fee ranging from 15 to 20 lakhs with an yearly fee of 4 to 5 lakhs. For any middle class family, even if the student secures a seat through entrance tests, MBBS still remains a forbidden fruit due to the astronomical fee structure of the private institutes.
Yet you can still have hopes. Medical aspirants can pursue MBBS abroad to achieve their dreams, that too with an economical fee structure. Students and parents always have doubts regarding the admissions for MBBS abroad. But, the world has become a global village now. Studying MBBS abroad has now become easy and more comfortable than earlier times.
Take a look at the 5 advantages for Indian students to study an MBBS abroad.
- No Donation or Capitation Fee
The private institutes in India demand large amounts of donation or capitation fee, besides the yearly fee. Yet it is not the same with colleges or universities abroad. Many MBBS colleges in China, Russia, Ukraine etc. do not get donation or capitation fees. The tuition fee there is also very low in comparison to the Indian private colleges ranging from Rs. 2.5 Lakhs to Rs. 4.5 Lakhs every year.
- No Entrance Test for Admission
You don’t have to appear in any entrance test to get admitted in an MBBS college abroad. Admission will totally be based on your 12th standard performance and also first-cum-first-serve basis. Students having a score more than 75% in their 12th standard are given first preference.
- Extremely Low Cost of Living
Most of the students and parents tend to worry about the cost of living abroad. Yet many of the foreign countries to pursue MBBS are from Europe where the living cost is relatively low. For example, studying MBBS in Ukraine will be quite economical for Indian students. They can survive with about $100 and $200 per month. Even in some Asian countries like China, living costs can be as low as Rs. 7000 to Rs. 14,000 for a month. This entirely depends on the student’s lifestyle.
- World Class Infrastructure
Most of the institutes across Russia, Ukraine, China, Philippines have world class education with modern equipment in hospitals. Pursuing MBBS in Ukraine will enhance your career as most of the universities in Ukraine are of high quality and globally recognized by WHO, UNESCO, European Council etc.
- International Exposure
Many students wish to study abroad and get to know other fellow mates who belong to different countries, backgrounds and ethnicity. Hence students will get international exposure that will help them in settling down in future. Countries like China also have huge populations which helps in providing a great opportunity for medical students to get exposed to large patient inflows.
The above are the advantages of studying MBBS abroad. It also has some disadvantages but the advantages outweigh its disadvantages. So succeed in your dream of becoming a doctor by going for MBBS admission abroad. Contact a global education consultant to help you with the details clearly.