Studying in the UK and Brexit

Brexit has a negligible effect on students who are aspiring to study in the United Kingdom. The UK is still the most preferred choice by Indian students. India is among the top three countries after China and the USA in terms of the inflow of international students.

Britain allows two types of study visa – short-term visa and Tier 4 visa. While the short-term visa is for those entering the country for an educational programme of fewer than six months’ duration, the Tier 4 visa is specifically for international students admitted to educational programmes of more than six months.  Most enduring process for students is considered to be that of securing a visa.

In order to get a Tier 4 visa, the educational institutions where admission is being offered have to sponsor the visa for students to study in the UK. The visa is issued for a particular course at the institution. To apply for a Tier 4 Study Visa, Indian students need to have an offer from a university or college that has been approved by the UK government as a ‘licensed Tier4 sponsor’.

How to apply for a visa?

For Tier4 visa

Applicant should have a document called a ‘Confirmation of Acceptance of studies(CAS)’ from the university or college. After that applicant can apply online for the study visa at the official website, Then an appointment must be taken at the nearest visa application center of the UK embassy to submit the final application along with biometric information. Ideally, the application for a visa should be submitted at least three months before the start date of the course. It should be noted that CAS is valid only for six months.

For short-term visa

Short-term visa is applicable when the course duration is less than six months or in case of part-time courses where attendance is only required for short periods. To get this visa students are requires to possess a letter to support entry to the UK as a short-term student. Under this visa one cannot take employment in the UK either part-time or full-time also the internship which may be the part of the course, is not allowed. Further, those on a short-term visa must leave the country within 30 days after the end of their study period or before the visa expires, whichever is earlier.

English proficiency

Students coming to study at degree level will need to speak English at an ‘upper intermediate’ (B2) level, rather than the current ‘lower intermediate’ (B1) requirement.The UK Border Agency staff can refuse entry to students who are not able to speak English without an interpreter.Only postgraduate students at university and government-sponsored students are allowed to bring their dependents.

Health and Insurance facilities

International students can avail the public health care system of the UK. Students are also offered emergency services for free.

Source –

For more information, You can contact us at or call 9643362320 to Schedule an appointment or Contact your nearest branch now

Following might help you as well.