MBBS IN CANADA
Canada has always been in high preference among the students due to it’s very high academic standard with the best universities and institutions with a high reputation around the globe. With over 60 reputed institutions offering MBBS, it has made it to the top 100 lists in the world according to The QS Ranking association.
There are some points that make their education system unique:
• The universities in Canada do not have undergraduate courses in Canada. As a result, the students enrolling for 4 year undergraduate courses in Canada should have a bachelors degree.
• The graduate score for Bachelors should be 6.5.
• The UG programs are generally for 3 to 5 years and varies from university to university.
MBBS in Canada for Indian Students
Canada is a dream destination for further studies for Indian students after their Bachelor’s degree. Reasonable living expenses and accommodation, less competition and high quality of education are the main reasons for their preference.
MBBS from Canada is highly regarded and reputed around the world. With high teaching standards, it demands the Indian aspirants to have a TOEFL and IELTS score of 90 out of 100.
Medical Colleges in Canada
There are many top notch institutions in Canada that provide help students gain experience and develop their horizons, supplementing all the necessary facilities and infrastructure with promising placements not only in Canada, but all across the globe.
Some of the famous and reputed universities of Canada for Medical students are as follows:
• Queen’s University
• University of Alberta
• University of Victoria
• The University of Waterloo
• University of Fraser Valley
• University of Western Ontario
There are ample number of scholarships available for the students, both international as well as the local people of Canada. These scholarships and grants can ease the financial burden on the students and help them stay motivated. These are provided by both governmental and non governmental organizations. Besides, many universities themselves offer merit based scholarships and other financial awards to their outstanding students.
The 2 main Government Scholarships for the Medical Students which are:
• Canada Graduate Scholarship
• NSERC Postgraduate Scholarship
Some of the Non-Government Scholarships are:
• Canadian Rhodes Scholars Foundation Scholarship
• Trudeau Scholarships and Fellowships
Medical Schools in Canada
There are 17 Medical schools in Canada who have their marks on the global arena and are well reputed in the fields of education and infrastructure.
The admission all the schools are accepted only to those students who have completed their Bachelors Degree. These schools believe in perfection and skillset of students, considering how important experience is for a course like MBBS, and believe that only after the completion of Bachelor’s degree would they be properly moulded.
Some of the Medical Schools are as follows:
• Northern Ontario School of Medicine
• Schulich School of Medicine and Dental Science
• University of Toronto Medical Faculty
• Cumming School of Medicine
• Dalhousie School of Medicine
Direct Admission in MBBS in Canada
The admission to colleges in Canada requires a systematic approach which requires the candidates to pass the 10+2 with marks above 60% and should be a student of Physics, Chemistry or Biology stream.
The aspirants are also required to take the MCAT, i.e., Medical College Admission Test and must qualify in this specific exam.
In addition to this, they should also clear either of the English Proficiency Exams, TOEFL or IELTS and score at least 90 out of 100 marks.
The process is as follows:
• Students need to qualify for the MCAT exam.
• Students need to qualify the admission criteria which are set by the particular University or School.
• Students need to qualify for the English Proficiency Exam.
• Students who qualify all the exams and give the exact documents are eligible to get direct admission.
• Students who have a Bachelor’s Degree are only allowed to apply for the Canadian Universities.
MBBS in Canada Fee Structure:
Canada is relatively lower tuition fees among the top picks. With affordable educational facilities and accommodation and transport facilities, Canada has the reputation for being the cheapest for education. Apart from the reasonable tuition fee ranging from $55,000 to $70,000 every year, the accommodation and transportation facilities are very affordable. The environment of Canada is also very cultural and has over 23% of Indians.
|Name of college||Fee structure||Fee in INR|
|University of Toronto||$24,835 Per Year||Rs 1,782,407 Per Year|
|University of Manitoba||$32,360 Per Year||Rs 2,322,477 Per Year|
|Trinity Medical College||$18,000 Per Year||Rs 1,291,860 Per Year|
|University of Ottawa||$40,680 Per Year||Rs 2,919,603 Per Year|
MBBS in Canada after 12th
Canadian Universities consider Bachelors Degree as a criterion for accepting Indian students or students from any other nationalities. Even though Canadian students can be accepted after their 12th, this is not the case with others. They emphasis importance on having prior experience of more than 4 to 5 years for being capable of understanding the human body and the course.
PG in Canada after MBBS in India
Bachelor’s degree is a prerequisite for Indian students or students from any other nationalities who are interested in doing MBBS from Canada. As a result, all the students who choose for a course opt for PG courses.
High-quality teaching facilities and with fully equipped labs and theatres guarantee to give an overall experience for students which is positive and needed for their career.