HOW TO ACE NEET 2019
WHAT IS NEET?
NEET is a national level entrance exam organized by NTA (National testing Agency). It is held for admission to medical and dental undergraduate programmes in government and private medical institutions across India. NEET 2019 is scheduled for May 5, 2019, through offline mode. Over 13 lakh candidates appeared for the national level medical exam at 2,225 centers across the country every year and the number is increasing continuously. Thus the competition level is quite high.
The exam will be paper and pen-based. One has to attempt 180 questions within a duration of 3 hours. Objective type questions are asked. The exam covers the topics from four subjects that are Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. Each of these subjects will be of 180 marks, so the whole exam will be of 720 marks. For every correct attempt, the candidates will be awarded four marks whereas one mark will be deducted for every incorrect attempt. The question paper will be in 8 languages that are Hindi, English, Tamil, Bengali, Assamese, Gujarati, Telugu and Marathi.
The key to ace the exam is to prioritize and settle for the most important topics. List of important topics that you should target first is given below:
- Theory-based questions include questions from Modern Physics, Magnetism, Heat and Thermo Dynamics, Oscillations, etc.
- As per previous years’ paper analysis, Magnetic Effects of Current covers more marks than any other unit in NEET Physics Section
- Wave Optics
- Modern Physics
- Rigid Body Dynamics
- KTG & Thermodynamics
- Pay equal attention to both, Organic and Inorganic Chemistry.
- Be thorough with atomic structure, chemical bonding, Chemical Equilibrium and Acids, P Block elements, etc.
- Chemical Bonding
- Coordination Compounds
- Carbonyl Compounds
- Organic Chemistry
- For Botany, go through the topics related to planning diversity and classification.
- Plant Physiology, however, can be less stressed upon, if you face time constraints.
- For Zoology, focus on Reproductive Health, biodiversity, polygenic inheritance, Mendelian disorders, etc.
- Plant Anatomy
- DNA Replication
- Endocrine System
- Excretory and Nervous System
- Digestive System
ANDROID APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE FOR THE PREPARATION
There are various android apps which are solely dedicated to the purpose of providing the best and most useful Preparation Tips for NEET 2019 along with sample papers and mock tests. Some of them are as follow:
- NEET Guru
- BYJU’s- The Learning App
HOW TO PREPARE
Stick to NCERT. Study extra from study material (Only what is needed, like Important Dates, Biological Techniques, Terms related to NCERT etc). Solve MTG Fingertips.
- Physical: NCERT. Take help of material for reference. Solve material. For more go with N. Avasthi.
- Organic: NCERT. Solve material. For more go with M.S. Chouhan Elementary. Solve more questions and extract Named Reactions. Keep your GOC strong.
- Inorganic: NCERT. Study material for more. Solve more questions and make notes if you find something important.
Stick to study material |or| DC Pandey for JEE (One that comes in Volumes). If your concepts are clear then don’t waste time in studying everything. Just solve as many questions as you can and study only those topics whose questions pose difficulty for you.
GENERAL TIPS FOR PREPARATION
- Take at least two test series. Allen’s Online Tests are good as well. Anyways there are news that NEET 2019 may be online if NTA conducts it.
- Make your own Mnemonics and Tricks for Biology and Inorganic. Don’t make hefty notes. Do make a thin diary of an important question in PCB.
- Multiple Correct type questions boostYou find such questions in any standard JEE book for Physics and Chemistry. Also, solve matching types.
- Make the Internet your friend Meritnation is better as it has a large StudyAdda is a good website as it has a good collection of question banks.
- Get more help from YouTube. There are many helpful channels like Any Time Padhai Academy, Er Dushyant Kumar, Grow Bharat, Doc Schuster, Leah For Sci, The Organic Chemistry Tutor and many more.
- Stay motivated! Take help of your seniors, parents, siblings, YouTube.
If you can believe it, you can achieve it!
For more information, You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9643362320 to Schedule an appointment or Contact your nearest branch now https://www.gkworks.in/branch-offices/
Following might help you as well.