MBBS IN GERMANY- All you need to know
With the admission process being comparatively more comfortable and faster, with up to date facilities, sophisticated teaching methods and techniques, Germany has succeeded in being one of the preferred destinations for MBBS among students.
MBBS in Germany for Indian Students:
Even though the admission process is less complicated than others, not all who apply gets through. The institutes provide high quality of education which can be availed in English as well as German. The application can be done via NEET and the students can enjoy up to cost free studies through the scholarships.
1. Germany has the some of the finest institutes in the world, offering very up to date and efficient curriculum.
2. The quality of education delivered comes at a reasonable price without compromising the facilities. The international students can avail scholarships also.
3. As almost all colleges have their own hospitals, this opens up opportunities for jobs and internships.
How to apply?
Aspiring Indian students have to give NEET and fill the application form. The eligible students will be intimated and asked to visit with the documents.
Even though the process is relatively easier, there are a few criteria considered in admission.
1. The candidates must be 17 years of age as on 31 December of the year of admission.
2. The students must qualify the Higher Secondary Examination with a minimum of 60%, and must have had physics, chemistry and biology up to higher secondary.
3. They should have IELTS and TOEFL scores.
4. They should be familiar with either English or German.
1. Indian students have to attend the NEET exam.
2. The students can apply online and the university will intimate the selected students.
3. The eligible students are to visit the university with the documents like, Passport, Passport size photographs, Visa and visa money, all previous educational institute documents ( 10th and 12th Mark sheets), Bank receipt for 1 year of tuition fee, the invitation letter sent by the college, etc.
MBBS Fees in Germany:
One among the tempting factors of MBBS in Germany is the reasonable cost of the course. The tuition fee is close to null, and they only charge 8000 Euros in the first year for teaching German language. For students opting English, there may be a small additional price. Other expenses include accommodation and cost of living.
Cost of Living:
The living costs are not high and there is a provision for students form second year onwards to take up part time jobs.
|Hostel Accommodation||4500 Euros (for the entire course, paid in the first year generally)|
|Cost of living||700 Euros ( per month )|
|Others||600 Euros ( per year )|
The total course duration is 6 years, of which 5 years are studies and 1 year is for compulsory internship.
In the first year, in addition to the course studies, the German language is also taught.
The 2nd year is dedicated to building the foundation concepts. In the 3rd and 4th year, the focus is on teaching basic medical sciences. The final year of internship ensures learning important clinical sciences.
1. ServiceScape Scholarship: Provides partial funding of fees and is applicable to all courses of the university.
2. Addiction Treatment Education Scholarship: This also provides partial funding and can be taken up at any university.
The Indian students are expected to have the D Visa for Studying and Language learning visa in Germany, which costs around 3000-6000 INR depending upon the age of the applicant.
The students should apply online for the visa and must visit the nearest German embassy once the admission letter is received. They should carry required documents like, admission letter from an accredited college, proof of sufficient finances, proof of health insurance, passport and a copy of passport, passport size photographs, cover letter and properly filled application form.
A meeting is arranged between the embassy and the applicant which is an interview for about 10-15 minutes. The updates can be later tracked online.
1. Heidelberg University: This highly regarded oldest university in Germany, is a public research university and has about 18 percentage of International students. It offers many streams of subjects.
2. Humboldt University: Situated in Berlin, it is the oldest university of Berlin and is ranked at 67 in World ranking. Albert Einstein is one of the most notable alumni.
3. Lübeck University: One of the most renowned universities in Northern Germany, this university focuses only on medical sciences and has experienced teachers. A score of 75% is required in PCB and NEET to get an admission in this institute.
4. Philipps University Marburg: Established in the 1500s, it is known for exceptional excellence shown in research fields related to life sciences.
For more details contact your nearest Global Knowledge Works Branch or call us on 9643362320
Some other Popular Countries for MBBS Abroad are
4. MBBS IN PHILIPPINES
5. MBBS IN UKRAINE
6. MBBS IN RUSSIA
7. MBBS IN CHINA
8. MBBS IN BELARUS
9. MBBS IN ARMENIA
10. MBBS IN BANGLADESH
11. MBBS IN NEPAL
12. Tashkent Medical Academy