BA LLB at Vivekanand Institute of Professional Studies VIPS
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Vivekanand Institute of Professional Studies is a private college in Pitampura, New Delhi. This college was established in 2000 and is recognized by Bar Council of India. It is approved by AICTE and Accredited Grade ‘A’ by NAAC which is affiliated to the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. This institute offers undergraduate and postgraduate education in the field of Law, Business, Media and Information Technology in 7 and 2 courses respectively.
VIPS since its establishment has strived to provide the best education to its students where they can construct a vision of wisdom and knowledge. The college aims at providing education under highly qualified and experienced faculties and also has a great placement cell which provides excellent career opportunities to the students.
Vivekanand School of Law and Legal Studies (VSLLS) of VIPS has always been committed towards realising the words of Swami Vivekananda: “Man Making, Character Building and Nation Building” by doing progressive efforts in developing the law students face the world.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Bachelor of Arts + Bachelor of Law (BA LLB) is 5 years (10 semesters) integrated undergraduate program which is aimed to impart state of art education with strong foundations in the field of arts and law. During the course the students cover various art subjects from different areas such as Indian History, Political Science, Sociology, World History and Socio-political issues along with specialized courses in administrative law and legislature of the country.
The vision of this course is to inculcate cultural, legal and ethical values among the students with a view to nurture the Rule of India by developing better Lawyer, Solicitor, Advocate or Legal Advisor who are skilled in civil, criminal and commercial laws and are sensitive to anyone seeking justice.
OBJECTIVE OF THE COURSE
The objective of this integrated course is to impart quality professional education in the field of arts and law. Its aim is not to just focus on the theoretical knowledge but also for students to understand the practical application of the law and their skills in the real world and its dynamics.
The BA LLB graduates are highly in demand across the country and has various job opportunities in both government and the private sector.
The given below are the details of BA LLB course including the eligibility, admission criteria, duration, fee structure and total seats.
- Mode: Full-Time
- Duration: 5 Years
- Offered by: Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
- Fees: INR 4.47 Lakhs
- Intake Capacity: 300 seats
A candidate eligible for admission to the 5-year BA LLB integrated degree course must have passed the Intermediate Examination (10+2) with English as a core/elective/functional subject or any other equivalent examination.
- The candidates must apply through IPU CET for the admission to any of the courses offered by VIPS.
- The candidates who meet the minimum eligibility criteria is then required to attend the counselling session for further screening process.
- For BA LLB Course at VIPS , CLAT scores are taken into consideration for merit.
VIPS provides reservation to all eligible candidates based on the merit secured in CLAT. Seats are reserved as per the norms set by the Government of India and are as follows:
- Among the total number of seats, the 85% seats are reserved for the Delhi Region Candidates i.e., those who have passed their qualifying examination from any school/institute in Delhi NCR.
- Other 15% seats are reserved for the Outside Delhi Region students i.e., those who have passed their qualifying examination from any school/institute outside Delhi.
ABOUT THE PLACEMENT CELL
The objective of the placement cell of VSLLS (Vivekanand School of Law and Legal Studies) is to provide the best career opportunities to the students in the field of law. The placement cell takes the responsibility to keep the students updated about the best opportunities which can benefit them in their areas of interests.
Activities Undertaken by Placement Cell:
- The placement cell invites the law firms, corporate firms, senior advocates and other lawyers for motivational talks.
- The cell efficiently grooms the students by making them professionally skilled through motivational lectures or talks and training programs conducted on regular basis.
The Placement Cell takes up the task of ensuring that the students get proper exposure through rigorous training and internships. The cell is responsible to discover the interests and skills of the students and after the completion of other requirements to sit for the placements, reputed law firms are invited to the campus for interview and recruitment process.